DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Air 2S - Asteroid, Obstacle Detected??

Mile High Guy

Reactions
Tried to do an Asteroid today, which I have done in the past without issue. It reached peak altitude and then started taking the photos for the sphere. It terminated suddenly with a warning that an obstacle had been detected. Tried it again, same issue. Out over a lake, so no obstacles anywhere. I just started using red Master Airscrew Stealth props. Could the obstacle sensors possibly be seeing the blades and triggering the warning? Thanks.

Reactions: pommy and JDerrick
Were your drone facing directly into the sun when the OD issue came up ..? If so, it's possible that the sensors perceived the bright sun as an obstacle. This issue have been seen several times from many drone models equipped with OD sensors.

Reactions: pommy
Check you have set the shooting mode (camera settings) from obstacle avoidance to composition. The DJI props may have been ok in OA mode, but the new props may be affecting it - so yeah, try "composition"

Screen Shot 2021-10-14 at 21.05.09.png

The camera was facing East during the initial sequence at around 3 PM, so the sun might have been an issue during the sphere sequence.

I was aware that Obstacle Avoidance/Composition was an issue in MasterShots, but not in the other intelligent flight modes. I'll try that along with swapping out to the factory props.

Thanks guys.

Thanks for the post, I had the same issue this weekend and wondered what caused it.

The camera was facing East during the initial sequence at around 3 PM, so the sun might have been an issue during the sphere sequence.

I was aware that Obstacle Avoidance/Composition was an issue in MasterShots, but not in the other intelligent flight modes. I'll try that along with swapping out to the factory props.

Thanks guys.
I had this issue happening while doing Master Shots yesterday. Every now and then it would complete the shots, but most of the time it stopped near the end. It was quite windy so I thought that might be the problem, but I see you mentioned it was a known thing, so I was wondering if anybody had more info on this issue as I'm new.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
refrigasketscanada