DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Air 2S Control Problems

Mile High Guy

Reactions
I have had the drone for about a week and getting comfortable with it. Today I did 3 long flights with completely normal controller behavior and easily retrieved the drone into my hand at the end of two. I bring the drone down to about 5 feet and then slide my hand under it quickly, grasping it and then giving full down left stick to power down. Easy.

When I attempted this at the end of the third flight the drone added power and tried to climb. I released it and it stabilized in a hover again. Each time I tried this the same thing would happen. I then tried to land on my pad on the ground and found that adding lateral or forward right stick in any direction would make it climb slightly. I just moved the pad under it and did full down left stick to land it.

This is now the second time this behavior has appeared. I did have a incident a few days ago where the propellers got into a chain link fence and broke the props, but the drone suffered no apparent exterior damage. Maybe this incident caused internal or sensor damage? Odd that this behavior is only appearing after several flights each time.

Any ideas appreciated. Thanks.

Any time I do a hand landing, I put my hand out, then lower the aircraft down, your A2S has sensors under it and if you just put your hand under the bottom close up it will see that and move upwards to avoid the "ground" just press down on the left stick, you'll hear the landing beeps and it'll land in your hand

Reactions: MS Coast
I have a MM2 and I agree with @bubbaedc . My mini will elevate when it senses my hand under it. If I grab it while this is going on, it will throttle up and fight me. If I put my hand under it and pull the control back it will settle in my hand. I try not to grab it but land it in my hand.

Reactions: bubbaedc
My Air 2S only does this in S mode (fights and tries to climb again). But in N mode, I just grab it with a pinch under the front two arms (approaching from the side, not the back) and then descent/land, it works every time. I personally never land on my palm as I find it lacks stability and it also seems to touch the sensors with my palm leaving a mark/print on them. Might be different with the little Mini's :)

Reactions: blackbirdsr72
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kclarke2929