DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Air 2s fell out of the sky on 5th flight

arehs9

Reactions
My new 2s fell out of the sky from 200 feet, and broke an arm. Luckily it was only 2 yards over and didn't hit anyone, and best buy returned it exchanged it for free.

Has anyone else had any problems? Is there anything I can do to check if something went wrong mechanically or with the IMU or something? Or even send something to DJI so they can investigate?

Obviously could of just been a faulty motor or I guess even a bird.

My new 2s fell out of the sky from 200 feet, and broke an arm. Luckily it was only 2 yards over and didn't hit anyone, and best buy returned it exchanged it for free.

Has anyone else had any problems? Is there anything I can do to check if something went wrong mechanically or with the IMU or something? Or even send something to DJI so they can investigate?

Obviously could of just been a faulty motor or I guess even a bird.
that is weird, the you made a IMU/Compass calibration on your first flight?

Reactions: Stealth01
If you have log files from the flight, you could post them in thread in the Mavic Crash and Flyaway assistance topic for some added analysis The first couple threads in the topic have info on how to do that if you've never done it before.. Though it does seem like some odd out of box failure..

If you have log files from the flight, you could post them in thread in the Mavic Crash and Flyaway assistance topic for some added analysis The first couple threads in the topic have info on how to do that if you've never done it before.. Though it does seem like some odd out of box failure..
Thank you!

Hi, mine has literally done the same thing tonight whilst carrying out a time lapse. Watched the flight report back and everything was as should be. Suddenly lost signal and then dropped 250ft. I was in a wide open field, no wind perfectly clear sunset and had 100% on battery.
Broken gimbal, broken prop and crack in the battery!!!
Waiting to here back from DJI
Sorry to hear about yours!

Hi, mine has literally done the same thing tonight whilst carrying out a time lapse. Watched the flight report back and everything was as should be. Suddenly lost signal and then dropped 250ft. I was in a wide open field, no wind perfectly clear sunset and had 100% on battery.
Broken gimbal, broken prop and crack in the battery!!!
Waiting to here back from DJI
Sorry to hear about yours!
Bummer! Air 2s? Hopefully we are just unlucky, and it isn't a widespread issue!

Oh wow that's crazy. I just ordered one and it will be delivered tomorrow. Hopefully this isn't a wide spread issue
I doubt it, DJI drones are very high quality and from what I understand mechanically the MA2 and A2s are pretty much the same, and I haven't heard of that being an issue. Maybe it's a firmware thing, and I would imagine they would fix it pretty fast

Really not happy! I’ve owed the Mavic zoom for over two years, flown it in numerous country’s and can honestly say I’ve never had signal issues or anything like that? I’ve never crashed it once. Owned the Air 2s for 48 hours and it falls out the sky!!!
I’m just so glad I was in an open field.

Really not happy! I’ve owed the Mavic zoom for over two years, flown it in numerous country’s and can honestly say I’ve never had signal issues or anything like that? I’ve never crashed it once. Owned the Air 2s for 48 hours and it falls out the sky!!!
I’m just so glad I was in an open field.
Stuff happens, its new, like any new product, there could be some initial issues that need to be worked out.

The problem usually is those that never ever have a problem rarely post routinely that things are going great. So for the couple incidents here, hundreds or thousand of others that got their 2S are not having a problem.. Not saying its not annoying, but getting it replaced should be relatively painless at this point.

Stuff happens, its new, like any new product, there could be some initial issues that need to be worked out.

The problem usually is those that never ever have a problem rarely post routinely that things are going great. So for the couple incidents here, hundreds or thousand of others that got their 2S are not having a problem.. Not saying its not annoying, but getting it replaced should be relatively painless at this point.
You are right but if you think that not everyone writes on Mavicpilots and that here, the community is small compared to all those who bought the Air2s and despite everything, already two users of this forum have found this issue with similar characteristics.

Is it possible to review the log file posted on Airdata?

You are right but if you think that not everyone writes on Mavicpilots and that here, the community is small compared to all those who bought the Air2s and despite everything, already two users of this forum have found this issue with similar characteristics.

Is it possible to review the log file posted on Airdata?
There is a topic called Mavic Crash & FlyAway Assistance under General Discussions, if you have uploaded a log for that flight to Airdata, and post a shared link for it in a topic in that forum, it will probably be spotted quicker and some analysis can be done..

thankfully all sorted!
I have to say it was a bit of a battle with DJI in the fact that they didn’t really want to listen and just said fill in the forms and send it to us.
Wex photography (where I purchased the drone) were however really helpful, said they will deal with DJI on my behalf. Received and email about two hours ago saying they will replace it.

They did say that there have been a few calls over the last couple of days from people that have had the same issue!
Going to take me a little while to gain the trust back in my replacement.

Low level flying for a while I think!

According to the flight records on my app that was my 10th flight.
Will see if I can get more detailed records when I get my head round how to do it?

thankfully all sorted!
I have to say it was a bit of a battle with DJI in the fact that they didn’t really want to listen and just said fill in the forms and send it to us.
Wex photography (where I purchased the drone) were however really helpful, said they will deal with DJI on my behalf. Received and email about two hours ago saying they will replace it.

They did say that there have been a few calls over the last couple of days from people that have had the same issue!
Going to take me a little while to gain the trust back in my replacement.

Low level flying for a while I think!
DJI has their processes for replacing a damaged or defective drone, many dealers will within a couple weeks or so will replace a damaged drone if its easily shown that it was not a pilot error.. Which is why its good to be recording most of the time during flight, if something does happen, its usually in the cache to show the issue..

If you view the topic for Mavic Crash and Flyaways in general discussions one of the pinned threads shows how to post logs..

Could u upload the logs then we’ll all be enlightened.

Reactions: WWMav
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MaxRichu