DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Air 2S Fly More Combo $998? Something is not right

projectarjun

Reactions
That is so misleading, because the title in the listing shoes DJI Mavic Air 2S Fly More Combo **Special order drone ?

But good catch :)
Let them know they made the mistake in the listing, and if you can get a Discount on the purchase for saving them a few bad reviews. They might work with you , if you go this route. .

I always recommend finding a Retail store with a good return policy so you can guarantee a perfect drone out of the box and not worry about the best price unless its substantial

Phantomrain.org
Gear to fly in the Rain and Land on the Water.

They should definitely correct the title of the listing :(

Reactions: MAvic_South_Oz
They should definitely correct the title of the listing :(

Title and the other bold heading below.
All the other references are for Air 2.

Probably an oversight as it's on their own website.
I'd expect some sellers to try that on purpose on the sites like Amazon, Aliexpress and similar.

Reactions: projectarjun
Similar thing happened to me purchasing a Zeapon slider and motor in Australia. The slider was Zeapon but the motor was a totally inferior product. The seller claimed that the ad said "Zeapon slider and motor", which it did, but I argued that it was intentionally misleading. Ebay agreed and I was refunded in full. IOW - the onus is on the seller to be clear as to what he is selling, not the purchaser to decode a slight of hand.

I just called "Luke", the owner...says he is in Minnesota and that the 2 has been discontinued and it is the 2S...that he is selling, however it will take a few weeks as he does not have them in stock
Covert Drones...

• Wow
I caught the same mistake from a ad on eBay. The best thing you can do is go into description and see if that claims it’s a 2S. If so and it’s on eBay then I wouldn’t worry about it if you’re wanting to buy. I’ve always had eBay or PayPal make bad deals right with me. The only thing I wish they would fix are the sellers from China that take a month to get to you. Some will say shipping from a US address but they themselves are located in China. I try and look for sellers local so I’ll get it quicker but I always get a long list of Asian sellers that take their time to ship.

That price is no longer $998...I think the whole ad was just an honest mistake...where that seller is located it is an hour earlier, and I think I woke the guy up and told him the ad said Air 2, while the title said air 2s....he said it was a air 2S for that 998 price...but I don't think he was really awake yet...and he said that the 2s was a special order, and would be a few weeks...anyway when I looked later the price was changed to the going package price...I have at least 4 places witin 15 miles of my house where I can go and get it today at that price , as I am prety sure most of us can.....no reason for special order and wait

Last edited:
Phew, at least the seller corrected his listing :) Someone should have tried getting a price match at Best Buy ?

Yep the price has been rectified

Reactions: MARK (LI)
DJI are trying to gain some control of the marketing, in Australia at least, in regulating and having fairly stringent conditions to retail their consumer products. One very stringent condition is NOT selling on third party sites, (eBay, Amazon, Catch etc), and NOT selling to other retailers, (or sub-Distributing). In Aussie they cannot by law control any pricing, so this smacks the whole concept like this thread. As a retailer in IT and Electronics for many many many years, we have sold various drones for years, including the DJI range, Phantoms, Mavics etc, then suddenly we have to have agreements to carry on as before.
So I'm wondering how far DJI will take this concept? Or are they just picking on Aussie? Because of our isolated location, and specificy in retail, on-line has never really been a bother, many times asked how our pricing is compared, most very supprised at the lieing afforded in on-line selling, particularly overseas offerings. I had one inquiry a while ago, where I was able to prove a particular on-line add was for a Mavic Pro, claiming to be the newest MP2, many $100's less, once proven, they then asked me to try and source a MP???? One wondered why the initial inquiry.
Here they like the outlets to be Photograpy specific, or true Electronics it seems. Not sure how successful it will be.

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Schmidteh121