DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Air 2s..Hyperlapse?

Nostris

Reactions
I know the air 2 could shoot hyperlapse, but I haven’t seen anything that says the Air 2s shoots hyperlapse..So does it or not?

I know the air 2 could shoot hyperlapse, but I haven’t seen anything that says the Air 2s shoots hyperlapse..So does it or not?
If you mosy over to YT, you can find a number of Air 2S Hyperlapse videos, and you can probably view any MA2 video talking about setting up a HyperLapse to do it on your Air 2S.

Yes, the DJI Air 2S can definitely shoot hyperlapse videos. I shot this last night with my Air 2S. In addition to hyperlapse I was practicing how to make hyperlapse videos with long exposure trying to get the light streaks as long as I could. This video was my first attempt at that and came out pretty decent in my opinion although I see some things I want to change on my next outing.

Yes, the DJI Air 2S can definitely shoot hyperlapse videos. I shot this last night with my Air 2S. In addition to hyperlapse I was practicing how to make hyperlapse videos with long exposure trying to get the light streaks as long as I could. This video was my first attempt at that and came out pretty decent in my opinion although I see some things I want to change on my next outing.

I have a quick question for you, if you don't mind. I watched your other Hyperlapse tutorial, which was excellent by the way, and in it you walked users through modifying the individual photos to manually create the hyperlapse video. I did my first hyperlapse a few nights ago and the Fly app created the video. I looked through all of the directories and did not see any of the 200+ photos the Air 2S took to create the video. Am I missing an important step or feature to have access to the individual images? Thanks in advance for your insight...

I save my photos and videos (hyperlapse videos included) on a 128GB SD card when I fly my Air 2S, then download the contents of the SD card onto my PC. I typically format the SD after downloading the files so I'll have a full SD card for the following flights. My SD card is currently clear but after downloading the files onto my PC I do recall seeing a folder titled "Hyperlapse" which contains the individual shots taken in hyperlapse. Since I'm only after the hyperlapse video I usually delete the folder containing the individual shots. It's a "me thing" but also saves space on my PC hard drive. I'm not sure whether or not the individual hyperlapse shots can be viewed from within the Fly App.

Reactions: Dan AISCF
I save my photos and videos (hyperlapse videos included) on a 128GB SD card when I fly my Air 2S, then download the contents of the SD card onto my PC. I typically format the SD after downloading the files so I'll have a full SD card for the following flights. My SD card is currently clear but after downloading the files onto my PC I do recall seeing a folder titled "Hyperlapse" which contains the individual shots taken in hyperlapse. Since I'm only after the hyperlapse video I usually delete the folder containing the individual shots. It's a "me thing" but also saves space on my PC hard drive. I'm not sure whether or not the individual hyperlapse shots can be viewed from within the Fly App.
Thanks for the quick reply. I too use as 128gb card and up until a few days ago, the Fly app never did any automated processes. Man, I can't stand automatic videos, etc, lol. I like to do everything by hand using Photoshop/lightroom and DaVinci Resolve. The issue is there wasn't even a Hyperlapse directory on the card (I drop the cards onto my mac and have a similar process as you). I figured that there would be one, but the only file I had was the Hyperlapse mp4 (or was it a .mov file) in the DCIM directory. Odd. I thought I might have to setup something in App to get the proper file structure, but saw no such options. I might have to research a bit more. THANKS AGAIN.

Thanks for the quick reply. I too use as 128gb card and up until a few days ago, the Fly app never did any automated processes. Man, I can't stand automatic videos, etc, lol. I like to do everything by hand using Photoshop/lightroom and DaVinci Resolve. The issue is there wasn't even a Hyperlapse directory on the card (I drop the cards onto my mac and have a similar process as you). I figured that there would be one, but the only file I had was the Hyperlapse mp4 (or was it a .mov file) in the DCIM directory. Odd. I thought I might have to setup something in App to get the proper file structure, but saw no such options. I might have to research a bit more. THANKS AGAIN.
Yes, that does seem odd. As soon as there's a break in all the rain we've been getting the last couple of weeks I'll shoot a hyperlapse video and try to confirm where the individual shots are stored. I believe the hyperlapse folder I saw was in the DCIM directory but, I could be mistaken.

Yes, there's a switch to tell the system whether you want to save just the finished video or the video plus the constituent files. But it's not in the menu, so it took me a while to find it. It's "hidden" on the screen at the lower right corner as the Format setting. It's accessible only in flight after selecting Hyperlapse. You can choose between Original, Off, JPEG, and RAW. If you select JPEG or RAW, the constituent files will be save in a directory on the SD card.

Yes, there's a switch to tell the system whether you want to save just the finished video or the video plus the constituent files. But it's not in the menu, so it took me a while to find it. It's "hidden" on the screen at the lower right corner as the Format setting. It's accessible only in flight after selecting Hyperlapse. You can choose between Original, Off, JPEG, and RAW. If you select JPEG or RAW, the constituent files will be save in a directory on the SD card.
EXCELLENT. Thank you for this info. I believe my test Hyperlapse was in "Auto" and was indeed not set for JPEG or RAW. I went through the settings a little while ago and found what you are talking about. It's been pouring out here every day, so I'll test it as soon as I see the precipitation move out of the area for a bit. Again, thanks for the info. I'll be setting it to RAW and report back...

EXCELLENT. Thank you for this info. I believe my test Hyperlapse was in "Auto" and was indeed not set for JPEG or RAW. I went through the settings a little while ago and found what you are talking about. It's been pouring out here every day, so I'll test it as soon as I see the precipitation move out of the area for a bit. Again, thanks for the info. I'll be setting it to RAW and report back...

You're very welcome.

I spent way too much time trying to find that setting and some other things in the menu of the Fly app. I finally realized that, with every revision to the app, the programmers seem to be moving things from the menu and putting them on the screen. So, I've learned to start looking on the screen rather than in the menu.

I do wish DJI did a better job of documenting their software. This forum has been far more helpful to me in figuring out how things work than DJI's manuals.

You're very welcome.

I spent way too much time trying to find that setting and some other things in the menu of the Fly app. I finally realized that, with every revision to the app, the programmers seem to be moving things from the menu and putting them on the screen. So, I've learned to start looking on the screen rather than in the menu.

I do wish DJI did a better job of documenting their software. This forum has been far more helpful to me in figuring out how things work than DJI's manuals.
I hate to say it, but I really liked DJI Go as apposed to the Fly app. Maybe because I used it on 3 of my previous drones - things just made sense to me in the menu system. I plan on using the Air 2S for EVERYTHING so I'll need to get used to things being out front on-screen more. Thanks for the tip. Looking forward to trying out an orlando night city-scape hyperlapse soon...

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
swigmofa