DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Air 2s lost in water today any help please

peterc4

Reactions
Hi all, lost my air 2s today over water it was coming back to me 10 metres away 4 metres high then it just fliped and dropped into the water, if any of you guys could shed some light on this would be much appreciated posted flight log Thanks

Attachments

• DJIFlightRecord_2022-03-27_[13-56-51].txt
    635.8 KB · Views: 52
  • Sad
Reactions: Capt KO
This was most probably a fatal loss of thrust from the Rear Left corner ... either due to a prop or motor failure.

In below chart the important telemetry data ...

0,5sec before the incident starts you releases the elevator stick from full forward to neutral (Black dashed), the drone goes in for braking by pitching up (Green) ... both roll (Blue) & yaw (Purple) remains relative constant. At 130,6sec (have placed the chart marker there in the chart below) the drone continues to pitch up past what's specified, and it rolls rapidly over to the left side ... this movement strongly suggest that the thrust is lost in the left rear. There yaw also starts to rotate CCW ... which correlates well with problems in the left rear corner, that corner shall generate CW torque, by losing that torque the torque balance goes to 2xCCW + 1xCW = drone starts to rotate CCW.

(Click on the chart to make it larger)
1648457493700.png

This was most probably a fatal loss of thrust from the Rear Left corner ... either due to a prop or motor failure.

In below chart the important telemetry data ...

0,5sec before the incident starts you releases the elevator stick from full forward to neutral (Black dashed), the drone goes in for braking by pitching up (Green) ... both roll (Blue) & yaw (Purple) remains relative constant. At 130,6sec (have placed the chart marker there in the chart below) the drone continues to pitch up past what's specified, and it rolls rapidly over to the left side ... this movement strongly suggest that the thrust is lost in the left rear. There yaw also starts to rotate CCW ... which correlates well with problems in the left rear corner, that corner shall generate CW torque, by losing that torque the torque balance goes to 2xCCW + 1xCW = drone starts to rotate CCW.

(Click on the chart to make it larger)
View attachment 145900
brillant thanks a lot

Reactions: GFields and slup
Well new air 2s on the way as we speak, they gave me a choice take a replacement on my care today or claim on warranty, could not be arsed waiting and endless emails all for them to say it was my fault (had it before) so new one will be here Thursday, who says care isnt worth it, replaced in 4 days with no drone to send back

So is that considered a "fly away" on your DJI Care, since I'm assuming you were unable to retrieve the AC

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BRUNO.CARDOSO