DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

AIR 2S lost video stream mid flight - no errors logged

J-Ho

Reactions
Wondering if anyone else has experienced this? I quickly hit return to home, closed and reopened the app, then even tried to change from my iPad to my iPhone, and it never recovered. I still had flight telemetry transmitting, just no image stream... I’ve flown countless hours on my Air2 and have never experienced this. Anyone else? Thoughts? (No errors logged)

I experienced the same thing on my 3rd flight. I lost video, but still had full control of the drone. I landed, restarted the app and it happened again. I have not been able to get it to happen since, and like you, I never experienced this on my MA2. My Mini has been flawless as well. I did have this experience frequently on my M1P, and changing the cable between the phone and the remote solved it. I'm hoping I can make it more repeatable, replace the cable and see if the issue dissapears.

The video download stream always fails well before the control uplink. It is carrying far more information every second, and is much more susceptible to othe WiFi signals around it.

It is not a cable problem, but a bandwidth limit problem. Distance and interference are always going to be issues. When I experience video downlink issues I know that control issues will follow very soon.

In the case of my m1p, the phone was disconnecting from the controller. Replacing the cable fixed it.

When it happened on my a2s, I landed right away and didn't check to see if the remote had disconnected or not. I was only a few feet in the air.

Wondering if anyone else has experienced this? I quickly hit return to home, closed and reopened the app, then even tried to change from my iPad to my iPhone, and it never recovered. I still had flight telemetry transmitting, just no image stream... I’ve flown countless hours on my Air2 and have never experienced this. Anyone else? Thoughts? (No errors logged)
I have also had this issue twice

Update: This happened to me again today and resolved itself by switching back and forth between video and photo mode. Hope this helps someone else!

Reactions: Sayenah
Update: This happened to me again today and resolved itself by switching back and forth between video and photo mode. Hope this helps someone else
When you say you closed the app, did you clear the app from your phone’s task list and then relaunch it? Or did you press home on your phone and relaunch the app?

if mode switching brings the stream back then I think it may be an app issue.

Are you using an Android?

When you say you closed the app, did you clear the app from your phone’s task list and then relaunch it? Or did you press home on your phone and relaunch the app?

if mode switching brings the stream back then I think it may be an app issue.

Are you using an Android?
Yea cleared it from my task list & relaunched. Using an iPad & iPhone

Also a suggestion if just video downlink. Many users have reported through the years that simply unplugging the cable from either the device or controller brought feed right back up, some switched from one end, some the other...some both...nothing definitive on which or the other, but much faster than rebooting a app or device. :)

Tethered DJI devices have been doing this for years, there were several posts a day describing this issue from the P3P days on with new fliers when it came out. It almost always points to the cable and/or device plugs connection contrary to what is stated above. On Android devices this is very prominent given the "Cheap" Chinese cables that have flooded retail outlets...on Apple devices ensure your cable is MFI certified.

Even daily I can have a cable from my phone to computer that works fine for days/weeks/months and then instantly quits...look to the cable friends, I always carry 2-3 with me. :) Don't skim on cheapo ones on Amazon spend some money! The dollar store isn't your friend with these things ;)

Case in point in this thread I replied to this morning: Mavic Pro Flies, but Won't link to DJI GO4. No video link.

Last edited:
Reactions: J-Ho
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KevinStudent