DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Air 2S /Mavic Air 2 Remote Question

AtortPhotography

Reactions
I bought an Air 2S and selling my Mavic Air 2 tomorrow and kind of fell in love with my original white led lights Mavic Air 2 controller....and I noticed the antenna when you lower on my newer Air 2S remote doesn't click into place well and lock into those little ball bearings on the sides....yes I am particular and that really bothers me. And I really don't want to send a brand new remote into DJI just for that. I know the remotes are identical minus the Tripod mode/Cine Mode on the newer ones and the Pause symbol in red on the newer one and the green led's on the newer one as well. If I hung onto my oldie but goodie and gave the buying the newer Air 2S one pretty much no big deal right?

There should be a clicking/locking type sound when you lower the antenna back down like there is on the Mavic Air 2 controller I've been using...the Air 2S one looks like those bearing are barely even sticking out so there is NO clicking sound and basically just lowers and raises without any tension needed for it. Thanks. ?

Attachments

• IMG_8007.JPG
    IMG_8007.JPG
    1.4 MB · Views: 18
Reactions: ravem43
I bought an Air 2S and selling my Mavic Air 2 tomorrow and kind of fell in love with my original white led lights Mavic Air 2 controller....and I noticed the antenna when you lower on my newer Air 2S remote doesn't click into place well and lock into those little ball bearings on the sides....yes I am particular and that really bothers me. And I really don't want to send a brand new remote into DJI just for that. I know the remotes are identical minus the Tripod mode/Cine Mode on the newer ones and the Pause symbol in red on the newer one and the green led's on the newer one as well. If I hung onto my oldie but goodie and gave the buying the newer Air 2S one pretty much no big deal right?

There should be a clicking/locking type sound when you lower the antenna back down like there is on the Mavic Air 2 controller I've been using...the Air 2S one looks like those bearing are barely even sticking out so there is NO clicking sound and basically just lowers and raises without any tension needed for it. Thanks. ?
My Air2 remote does not click as you say yours does. The antennae is spring loaded on my Air2 remote with just enough tension to hold it in. Maybe different springs in the new remote.

Remote should work, but check it out first by connecting it to the Air2S and see if it links with it. If it does, then keep which one you want; but also do a check on the new remote to make sure it also connects to the old Air2 - which is should.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bbj5143