DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Air 2S New Battery Capacity (3750 mAh)

blackbirdsr72

Reactions
I heard about the new battery months back, and now you can see it listed on the DJI website under Air 2S specs.
Has anybody got their hands on one of these? I cannot find the new 3750 mAh capacity batteries anywhere, apparently.

Attachments

• Untitled.jpg
    Untitled.jpg
    190.3 KB · Views: 61
I note on the website it’s says ‘ The two battery versions are basically the same in terms of battery life and propulsion performance.’ I would interpret that as no increase in performance of the larger battery over the 3500mAh.
Regards

Reactions: Phantomrain.org
I note on the website it’s says ‘ The two battery versions are basically the same in terms of battery life and propulsion performance.’ I would interpret that as no increase in performance of the larger battery over the 3500mAh.
Regards
Thanks. So I've noticed as well. But regardless, if it is out there, I simply want it instead of the 3500 mAh ones.

Reactions: Gagey52
The reason they aren't really different in performance is Ah is not meaningful until you apply the mean voltage delivered over the discharge. And power delivered is volts times amps times time delivered. In the end, Wh is the real factor. And the new battery provides 1 Wh more, 41.4 vs 40.4. And even that value is based on average currents and powers drawn.

DJI may have changed manufacturers for a better price, or they may have found batteries that provide longer life. These days, I'd vote they are just cheaper for DJI and have no benefit for the user.

Yes I received the 3750's with the new FMC w/RC Pro from B&H. Never really tested flights times so not sure if there is any increase or not. Just good to know I got the latest and greatest. :cool:

Yes I received the 3750's with the new FMC w/RC Pro from B&H. Never really tested flights times so not sure if there is any increase or not. Just good to know I got the latest and greatest. :cool:
So this is the case with the new RC Pro packages only it seems. Still not available to buy separately.

It’s on the battery label. My original Air 2S came with 3500 and my Air 2S combo with RC Pro came with 3750. If I had not run across it on a YouTube video I would have never known and never looked at the label. They are the same other than rating. If you get anything lets say is worth less than a minute but again, I dont notice a thing. I charge them all and use them as I get to them and dont know without looking.

Reactions: MS Coast
It’s on the battery label. My original Air 2S came with 3500 and my Air 2S combo with RC Pro came with 3750. If I had not run across it on a YouTube video I would have never known and never looked at the label. They are the same other than rating. If you get anything lets say is worth less than a minute but again, I dont notice a thing. I charge them all and use them as I get to them and dont know without looking.
Right I have them also. It’s just you sent that link saying the picture is the 3750 so I was just asking where does the picture say 3750. No difference at all though according to DJI.

Right I have them also. It’s just you sent that link saying the picture is the 3750 so I was just asking where does the picture say 3750. No difference at all though according to DJI.
The link was shared by someone else.

Thanks. So I've noticed as well. But regardless, if it is out there, I simply want it instead of the 3500 mAh ones.
Why?

It contains the same amount of energy (mWh). mAh is not a measure of "capacity" in any electrically meaningful sense.

I just checked the 3 that I have. I was gifted the Costco version, which came with 2 batteries. I bought another battery/carry case/charging hub/props "kit" and that contained the 3750 version battery. I've also been looking at car chargers while I'm traveling and don't have access to a an outlet. Some specifically say they are only for the 13.2V version battery ONLY and not the 12.6V version. I don't see there's much of a difference or why chargers would be that specific. Anyone know why this would be?

Reactions: mobilehomer

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maniac2000