DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Air 2S Operating Temp

bmoore1118

Reactions
I live in an area that gets cold and snow every year.

I see the Min temp I should fly to be 32F. Has anyone flown this cold before, does your battery life go down pretty bad?

Just want to plan for my winter flights.

I see the Min temp I should fly to be 32F. Has anyone flown this cold before, does your battery life go down pretty bad?

The key is just to keep the Battery Warm when starting up in the Extreme Cold , you might consider getting a Wet Suit that keeps an Air Tight Seal on the Battery making it 6 degrees warmer. and keeps the moisture out of power button and battery compartment. When geared up with the Wet Suit the Air 2s can handle some extreme cold temps.

Phantomrain.org
Gear to fly in the Rain / Snow

As @Phantomrain.org said - keep the drone and batteries warm till right before flying.

Many Canadian / northern state flyers on here that can give more direct advice on other things to do as well.

My experience in Montana:

OAT: -23°F (-30°C)
Takeoff Battery Temperature: 77°F (25°C)
Low Battery Temperature: 75°F (24°C)
High Battery Temperature: 78°F (26°C)

Keep your batteries in the house and then to the car. The batteries are going to warm up when flying anyway.

Reactions: Loonie01
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
da4o98