DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Air 2s Packaging

KTM250XCW

Reactions
Hello, first post here. I just received my air 2s yesterday. I have a question on how it was packaged. I have watched a number of videos of people doing a unboxing and noticed that all of them showed that there was a clear sticker covering the micro sd card slot and also the usb c port. Mine did not have this so it is making me wonder if the one I received was refurbished or possibly someone else had this. The package looked factory sealed with the plastic on the outside and the two seal on the botton of the box looked correct. Maybe I am making a big deal out of nothing but didn't want to pay full price for a used one. Has anyone else seen this?
Thanks

Sometimes this can work to your advantage, what you really care about is did you get a Perfect Drone ?
Now is the time to test out every Facet of the drone and if its not perfect you have ample reason to return it.

Getting a good solid drone out of the box that is perfect is not easy and if you get one dont let it go because of some sticker , function is much more important than the packaging.

One thing we look for is a perfect Horizon out of the box if it not perfect it goes back on the box , save time and frustration of recalibrating , also compass needs to be dead on with no Calibration needed .and while your at it check the SD card slot to see if its not to far set in , which can make it impossible to get the card out quickly.

Keep us posted how you make out.

Phantomrain.org
Gear to Fly your Air 2s in the Rain.

Reactions: pommy and BenCat
My 2s didn't have stickers covering the ports, new sealed box etc, Nothing untoward there, packaging changes, DJI like to make money, the stickers probably cost 0.01c to supply and apply, multiply that by a million a year :)

Welcome to the MavicPilots forum on your first post. Enjoy, and happy flying! ??

Your going to love your new 2s, I am astounded at how well these fly, film and perform.
Have you had it long? Have you experienced the loss of transmission and poor signal yet?

To REALLY enjoy the Air 2S (the way it's supposed to be) in Australia, you have to get rid of CE and switch over to FCC.

It's the single best thing I ever did - I can't recommend it enough!

I've only put 7 or 8 hours on it so still new to it, but I'm totally in love with it!

No loss of signal, but I am out in the boonies so no interference issues. I am in mountain terrain so VLOS is sometimes not possible, but I am on 4 square kilometers of private land so no biggy.

I would however like to use the power up from FCC, tried it using the GPS trick but not keen to start bouncing firmware around. I did a 7klm from home point flight without a hack, with LOS (not VLOS) and she was fine, a bit spooky though, getting caught doing that could cost me my RePL license, and would certainly cost me 50 infringement points (thousands of dollars in fines)

I've only put 7 or 8 hours on it so still new to it, but I'm totally in love with it!

No loss of signal, but I am out in the boonies so no interference issues. I am in mountain terrain so VLOS is sometimes not possible, but I am on 4 square kilometers of private land so no biggy.

I would however like to use the power up from FCC, tried it using the GPS trick but not keen to start bouncing firmware around. I did a 7klm from home point flight without a hack, with LOS (not VLOS) and she was fine, a bit spooky though, getting caught doing that could cost me my RePL license, and would certainly cost me 50 infringement points (thousands of dollars in fines)
Ahh so it’s new, new ???

GPS trick? There’s no trick as far as I know for the Air 2S. Used to be one for the wifi Air, like a fake GPS - but not on O2/O3 drones.

The FCC mod is a replacement DJI app which is exactly the same. You can update firmware as you like, there are no restrictions with it.

I didn’t buy it for flying out of VLOS, but to have a strong signal over water and peace of mind (after losing transmission).

Like I said, it’s the single best thing I’ve done (in 4 years of flying).

It’s a beast of a drone now ??

Reactions: BenCat
And where would one find this FCC mod?
Since people get their underware all in a knot when Mods are talked about in the open the admin has requested you ask for permission to join the private section for software mods. Just go into your profile, and account details and you will see where you need to ask to join that section.

Last edited:
Reactions: BenCat
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jordy