DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Air 2S teaser leaked

Those sensors placed so close on top and infront looks so ugly.
If it truly is 1 inch 20 MP camera sensor then i am wondering how it will compare vs mavic 2 pro sensor.

Last edited:
Those sensors placed so close on top and infront looks so ugly
I actually agree; I can imagine that tripping someone’s trypophobia haha

also, these seem utterly pointless. The **** thing needed side sensors, it already has front sensors. How many times have you had to worry about running into the ceiling?

seems like a pointless update to milk money till the Mavic 3 comes, if it ever launches.

in all honestly I am tired of DJI’s utterly idiotic sprawl of a product line. The so-called flagship M2Pro has older hardware which isn’t capable of 4k60 and AT3.0; newer features which are only found in their mid range drone. Now this update, as per rumors, ALMOST closes the gap between the M2Pro and the Mavic Air 2, but seems mostly pointless. There are a gorillion apps like Fly, Go, Assistant 1/2/n

I have been looking at those Autel and Skydio drones lately. They are making some compelling offerings. I am loving the DJI FPV drone, but I can’t help but feel DJI is ultimately anti-consumer... or more like, it isn’t a “customer first” sort of company. Maybe I am just tired of DJI.

Reactions: tlswift58
That video is so non-DJI like.

Reactions: Johnmcl7 and ehje
Quite a few neg comments. I'm excited though. I'm hoping HDR 60fps.

Quite a few neg comments. I'm excited though. I'm hoping HDR 60fps.
Not truly negative - people just being real.

If you NEED that 60fps - then go for it. Yet, most of us have no such need for the droning / photography we do. And when you post to Social Media / etc - you're not posting 60fps on those sites. If it's for PROFESSIONAL REASONS - you go for it.

4k / 60fps means nothing to me - don't shoot at and don't need either. I'm purely recreational and 1080p works fine for me. I have shot in 2.4 / 4k mode - yet when posted on Social Media - I bet even you can't tell the difference. SM is my audience along with many of is - not clients who may or may not need 4k / 60fps.

When you buy the Air2S - make sure to order a NAS with 10GB+ drives - as you'll need them for storage!

Important thing will be the bit rate of video.
If its still 100mbps there wont be any useful quality change over M2P.
If its higher, suddenly it becomes interesting.

...and obviously it has to be EASA/CE category certified otherwise its another useless legacy device in 18 months time.

@tlswift58 I have a 4K 65" TV. When the TV is that big, yeah - you can tell if it's 4K or HD. On smaller TVs it's more of a struggle.
I don't mean to brag about the size, but I love 4k. And although a novice droner, I do like the smoothness of 60fps. I bought the huge TV first, and then started looking around for 4K cameras. That's when I stumbled across drone footage, and thought about buying a drone. Best thing I've done for years. I have a Mavic Air 2 and it's amazing. But sometimes I'm more amazed by Phantom 4 footage. It could be a case of the grass is always greener...
... or maybe I overdo the colour grading ;-)

I actually agree; I can imagine that tripping someone’s trypophobia haha

also, these seem utterly pointless. The **** thing needed side sensors, it already has front sensors. How many times have you had to worry about running into the ceiling?
Greg of Pilot Institute pointed out in his weekly video that when a drone flies it moves in the forward direction by lowering its front and props - this is not noticed by the operator as the camera gimbals to compensate. The faster it flies the more lowering. So speculation is these are added to to allow safer FPV operation at higher flight speeds and the sensors picking up obstacles.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ParKOR