DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Air Drop compatibility help

Your best bet would be to contact the seller through Amazon, unless someone on here has already tried it on the A2S.

Chris

Reactions: MA2 317
Both Drones are identical enough that you should have no problems with hooking that up.

Phantomrain.org
Gear to fly your AIR 2/S in the RAIN and LAND on the Waves.

Like this setup better, fiber optics built in, no sensor to plug in and run down armIMG_20210508_061122462.jpegIMG_20210508_061232154.jpeg

Not sure I would try using the Air2s for dropping. For that, I use my Inspire 2 or Phantom 4. I guess if the payload is very light, you wouldn't have any problems. J/S

Not sure I would try using the Air2s for dropping. For that, I use my Inspire 2 or Phantom 4. I guess if the payload is very light, you wouldn't have any problems. J/S
Agree. Phantoms are built for it. Don't believe my A2 is powerful, or stable, enough to try. If you do, be sure to hang the load well below the drone to prevent a pendulum swing from overcoming the drone, bad results will follow. Same happens if the load gets tangled in trees etc. Good luck.

It's for fishing. The AIR 2S can carry 1/2 pounds easily. Enough for what I need.
I read afterward the " Mavic AIR 2 drone can momentarily lift over 750 grams, for safety reasons the maximum payload should be less than 400 grams under ideal conditions and recommended not to exceed 350 grams. There are many factors that determine the maximum payload the drone can carry."

I'm not sure what is meant by "momentarily". Perhaps enough to get your bait out. Let us know how it goes. :)

But to the point of your original question, from everything I've read, the bodies are the same. The differences are internal.

Last edited:
I read afterward the " Mavic AIR 2 drone can momentarily lift over 750 grams, for safety reasons the maximum payload should be less than 400 grams under ideal conditions and recommended not to exceed 350 grams. There are many factors that determine the maximum payload the drone can carry."

I'm not sure what is meant by "momentarily". Perhaps enough to get your bait out. Let us know how it goes. :)

But to the point of your original question, from everything I've read, the bodies are the same. The differences are internal.
Honestly the Mavic 2 don't lift lot more.

Wow. After watching the video I would not use either one for fishing. Might work for a drop somewhere on land but the extra drag of the fishing line behind is a recipe for disaster, especially over water. Seen it happen to Phantoms so these little guys wouldn't stand a chance. Either way I would add an outrigger adjustable tension release so if the weight is too much or a bird grabs the bait, it will release without having to push a button. GL

Reactions: autoperformance
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
James Hoogenboom