DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Air traffic change

rjanumpally

Reactions
can someone help me? Ive noticed recently that planes are constantly flying over my house. This was not the case until a month ago they never did. I think they changed air traffic control or something. I live near bolsa chica street and warner in huntington beach. Its getting ridiculous to the point i am scared to fly my mavic anymore. I mean i dont go above 400 ft but still. Can someone direct me to new air traffic control maps. Thanks
Ravi

can someone help me? Ive noticed recently that planes are constantly flying over my house. This was not the case until a month ago they never did. I think they changed air traffic control or something. I live near bolsa chica street and warner in huntington beach. Its getting ridiculous to the point i am scared to fly my mavic anymore. I mean i dont go above 400 ft but still. Can someone direct me to new air traffic control maps. Thanks
Ravi

Are the winds suddendly coming from a different direction? Planes like to land/takeoff into the wind. I don't know if you live in some area where the prevailing winds change with the season.

an air traffic pattern is like a big rectangle with one long side of the rectangle being the runway......the wind can wind up reversing which way we fly in and out...... sometimes when they get extra busy they may send planes out to just get some space or a little time ....I was once told,"circle the VA" in Fresno...but mostly it doesn't change a lot .... is John Wayne airport the one near you?....that has 2 runways so 2 big rectangles

i think this is out of date.

Be sure to read active NOTAM’s in your area.
Or, create a flight plan in Airmap, and follow their advisories.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
carlos22