DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Air2 or Air2s want to upgrade but not sure the way to go.

xiarcher

Reactions
Hello everyone, I looking to step up from my Mini 2 and was looking at the Air 2 or Air 2s. Please bear with me for a second, fly more $988. for Air 2 and $1299. US dollars. So, hers the dilemma, I fly often and just for fun as I’m an amateur photographer but not as much flying as a lot of you folks. I’ve seen on YouTube some reviews that the Air2s is considered overpriced and just a fill in until the Mavic 3 came out, so I was wondering. I have seen a couple of Air 2 drones go for $800. US new in sealed box, is this worth it or just go for the Air 2? Any info would be appreciated. Thanks for reading and let the fun begin.

I love my Air 2S. If you can swing a little extra, B&H is selling a combo with the RC Pro and Air 2S for $1749. DJI Air 2S Fly More Combo Drone with RC Pro Remote Controller

1" sensor and flies great with zero issues.
I've been dealing with B&H for over 30 years and this is where my purchase will be. Have you had any issues with soft photos? Seeing some post that if you have setup to auto photos are softer than the Air 2 but if in manual it's better, also hearing a little magenta in color. What do you think?

Yes I do like dawn and dusk shooting so the Air 2s is will do it. Now to decide on the Pro controller or not. That's a good bundled price from B&H. Thanks for everyones help. Don't mind spending the cash but it has to be worth it you know.

I have owned the Air 2 and the Air 2S. They are both fantastic but the Air 2S runs away with the show.... it is as good as the Mavic 2 Pro in almost every way and better in others, with technology and range that is 2 years newer.

I like B&H but prefer to buy from Amazon because they give me no hassle returns. If its not the drone for you or the optics are off on the one you get.... just ship it back with no questions asked.

I fly with a separate tablet but the Air 2S / RC Pro deal is almost too good to be true. So far not offered on Amazon so B&H would be the way for that one.

When I was ordering mine I narrowed it down to B&H or Amazon. Ended up going with Amazon because of 2 day Prime shipping and free returns until Jan 31, 2022. Did not get the RC controller.

Hello everyone, I looking to step up from my Mini 2 and was looking at the Air 2 or Air 2s. Please bear with me for a second, fly more $988. for Air 2 and $1299. US dollars. So, hers the dilemma, I fly often and just for fun as I’m an amateur photographer but not as much flying as a lot of you folks. I’ve seen on YouTube some reviews that the Air2s is considered overpriced and just a fill in until the Mavic 3 came out, so I was wondering. I have seen a couple of Air 2 drones go for $800. US new in sealed box, is this worth it or just go for the Air 2? Any info would be appreciated. Thanks for reading and let the fun begin.
The way I see it's MA2S , I had the A2 both are very good drones but there is a big difference , Camera , Ocusync 3, Sensors . all that for $300 , its a bargain ... Good luck let us know your decision ....

One consideration might be a used Mavic2 Pro. Different app which I believe to be a plus.

Hello Xiarcher:

I have a Mini 2, Air 2 and a Mavic 3 (M3). Like most all responses above I would suggest the that you get the Air 2s. I was pretty happy with the video and imagery from my Air 2 until I got the Mavic 3. The increased dynamic range from the M3 impresses me tremendously and I find my Air 2 rarely gets flown now. Of course the Air 2s does not have as large a sensor as the M3, but from many reports I’ve read here, its 1” sensor is impressive.

I’m on the fence about whether or not I’d recommend going for the RC Pro or not. I like flying the M3 with it - definitely brighter display and more convenient than the standard controller in terms of getting off the ground in a hurry. However, if you often fly outside the range of WiFi then you’ll need to use a mobile device as a hotspot to allow the remote to move logs and preview images off the controller (I’ve been unable to get the RC Pro to successfully auto load images to a mobile device although that is apparently possible).

Regarding the B&H versus Amazon question - definitely personal choice. I use B&H with their credit card that pays my state sales tax for me. It’s a substantial savings over other vendors (including Amazon) in my case. I also like to support a vendor that provides detailed information, informative articles, etc. I also find the reviews on B&H considerably more useful than those on Amazon.

Howard

2s

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
James Hoogenboom