DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

AIR2S Controller OS3?

Matt8900

Reactions
So I first must say I have in no way have has any transmission issues other than what would be expected so this is not a moan about os3 or os2, however I just notice somthing within the specs of the air2s on the dji website.

If you take a look here and scroll down to the controller, it states the controller is actually only OS2? And states the drone is 'compatible with OcuSync 2.0'

Does this mean the air2s controller is actually only outputting/recieving an ocusync 2 signal? Or am I not understanding somthing?

The O3 vs O2 difference is the protocol used in the software to communicate with the drone, which probably switches based on the negotiation between the controller and drone when they connect. The hardware of the controller is identical. The difference in distance rating is due to the fact that the A2S drone has 4 antennae vs just 2 for the MA2 and M2, giving it a farther range.

Reactions: Gary R and Capt KO
So I first must say I have in no way have has any transmission issues other than what would be expected so this is not a moan about os3 or os2, however I just notice somthing within the specs of the air2s on the dji website.

If you take a look here and scroll down to the controller, it states the controller is actually only OS2? And states the drone is 'compatible with OcuSync 2.0'

Does this mean the air2s controller is actually only outputting/recieving an ocusync 2 signal? Or am I not understanding somthing?
I am flying both the Mav Air 2 and Air2S. I am not seeing any difference in signal strength or range. Whatever the difference is, it isn't particularly significant.

Reactions: projectarjun