DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Air2s disconnect in air

CDSkeeles

Reactions
I have had the Air2s for over a month. I have about 30 flights with in, zero issues until today.

Yesterday I updated the Fly app when I was prompted (yet again). I also updated all firmware on AC and batteries.

Today when flying around my neighborhood about 4 minutes into flight at about 200 meters away the Fly app camera disconnected. I received a message about the disconnect and it asked if I would like to RTH which I answered yes.

Fortunately it accepted the command and the craft proceeded home and came to a hover 1 meter above pad saying unable to land due to unsafe conditions requiring me to down stick to complete the landing.

During the return home the app was updating the distance and altitude readings but the camera never did connect again until I powered everything down and up again.

This is extremely concerning to me. Considering I have had to update this device almost daily I am questioning DJI's reasoning to fold new aircraft into the current app. Every time the M3 gets a new feature they potentially create problems for other crafts by updating software that did not have issues prior.

Sounds like a hardware failure to me. Maybe the camera disconnected from the board.
Test it again and see if the camera works fine.

I fly the mavic air 2 and I had a little issue after updating too, briefly (for about 3 seconds) I got this message:

1639945812273.png

But the camera was still working.
I'm interested about what others will say about this!

I had the same issue today. Flying a typical route, well within VLOS, nothing exciting when 12 minutes into flight the camera disconnects. I got a signal loss warning with a RTH in 10 second which I accepted and the AC returned home with no issues, although just like before, it would not sit down on its own as it said the landing area was not suitable (same pad, same location as dozens of previous flights with no issues other than these two instances). I manually landed the AC and began troubleshooting. All the while the app was still correctly updating map and distance and altimeter just no camera (image frozen).

While leaving drone and controller powered on (but camera still "disconnected") I restarted app. Still no camera. I then restarted controller and it rebound to the AC but still no camera connection. It was not until I powered down the AC and restarted it that the camera came back.

So far I am left with the impression that that last firmware that was uploaded to the AC has a bug. Not until this the recent AC firmware update did I start having this issue.

Does anyone know if it is possible to roll back an aircraft firmware update? If so will that require rolling the app and the batteries back as well? What a pain!

I had the same issue today. Flying a typical route, well within VLOS, nothing exciting when 12 minutes into flight the camera disconnects. I got a signal loss warning with a RTH in 10 second which I accepted and the AC returned home with no issues, although just like before, it would not sit down on its own as it said the landing area was not suitable (same pad, same location as dozens of previous flights with no issues other than these two instances). I manually landed the AC and began troubleshooting. All the while the app was still correctly updating map and distance and altimeter just no camera (image frozen).

While leaving drone and controller powered on (but camera still "disconnected") I restarted app. Still no camera. I then restarted controller and it rebound to the AC but still no camera connection. It was not until I powered down the AC and restarted it that the camera came back.

So far I am left with the impression that that last firmware that was uploaded to the AC has a bug. Not until this the recent AC firmware update did I start having this issue.

Does anyone know if it is possible to roll back an aircraft firmware update? If so will that require rolling the app and the batteries back as well? What a pain!
Hi There, Just bought an Air2S one week ago and had 3 of these issues already. is there Any solution known? What I noticed today is: the disconnect happened when I switched between Foto and Video Mode. afterwards the mode did not switch back (but AC was still controllable in VLOS).

Anybody any Ideas?

So, after another series of tests today: I can say it happens again and again. when switching from Video to Foto mode on the remote.

I was able to reproduce when airborne only.
* but it does not take long. (a few minutes)
* happens in various distances (couple of hundred metres but also very close 5 Metres distance between AC and Remote.
* transmission settings do not make a difference (smooth, HD, 2.4G 5.8G, both)
* Every time it happened, there is strong signal and no issues with transmission previously, no lag.

Remote control functionality works, only screen stays black. RTH works, also the Map-view works to return the drone.

Video link can only be restored by rebooting the AC. App restart and Controller restart is not necessary and does not help.

Anybody any Ideas? @CDSkeeles : have you been able to fix the issue?

grateful for any ideas. thx.

Last edited:
Hey folks, Just a quick update:
  • reached out to DJI support (Germany)
    • They recommended to "refresh the firmware with DJI Assist". which I did.
The problem seemed to have disappeared.
  • I tested the AC yesterday extensively (50 mins flying and *a lot* of switching between Video and Foto mode, various recordings, etc...) with the following result:
    • No issues whatsoever with the first battery pack.
    • After I had already accepted the issue as resolved, it happened again. (only once, but that means: NOT resolved).
  • So I reached out to DJI support again and they recommended to return the drone to the dealer (which is possible in Germany during 14 days for Items purchased in the internet).
    • DJI confirmed that they will move my Care-Refresh contract from this drone to the replacement, as soon as it is with me.
  • So, hope this is the end of that story. Unless there is more relevant news...

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
swigmofa