DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Air2S Geofencing GONE!, after DJI FLY App Update Glitch! DIDN'T LAST LONG.

cgmaxed

Reactions
A short term geofence Glitch: I updated my DJI Fly App, then it said to update the Fly Safe Data. I did that, then it said, "cannot take off: error xxxxx". So I went into the settings to update the geofencing unlock license list and the App locked up (the circle icon wouldn't stop spining). So, I Turned off the Remote, the App, and the Drone. I restarted everything and ALL THE GEOFENCING DATA WAS WIPED CLEAN. I live near a small airport. DJI always asks me to Unlock before flight. IT NO LONGER RECOGNIZED THE AIRPORT OR ANY OF THE OTHER AIRPORTS NEARBY. There were no more blue lines on the map. I didn't have to unlock anything before flying. I thought my dreams of NO no fly zones on a DJI Air2S have been fulfilled. I couldn't believe all the safety data and geofencing was absolutely gone. It's as if there were no airports in my entire state. IT SEEMED TO HAPPEN AFTER I DID A FLY SAFE DATA UPDATE, THEN WENT DIRECTLY TO THE GEOFENCING UNLOCKING LICENSE LIST UPDATE SETTINGS. The latter froze up, the update wheel icon wouldn't stop spinning, so I shut everything down and restarted everything. Viola, all geofencing data disappeared from my app screen. SEE UPDATE BELOW

Last edited:
Reactions: Bandit1
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
juanfraf