DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Air2s Gimbal moving by it's own.

anamitra_10

Reactions
I purchased a DJI Air2s about 2-3 months ago from a local store. So at first I didn't notice this issue but later on It became more noticeable and annoying.

Whenever I fly or even connect the RC to drone, the gimbal starts moving up and down on its own. It some times fixes by it's own then again starts.

I will attach the video and screen recording.

PS - The gimbal is stable when not connected to RC.

I would look at the dial wheel on remote. It might be dirty? Have you tried using another remote?
Agree. Start with the "easiest" potential culprit first. Maybe even adjust the gimbal sensitivities to see if that has an effect?

Yep, somethings wrong. First suggestion is - update to the latest firmware. If it still does it, it is broken. Get it replaced, either at the store or through DJI.

Did you purchase it used or new?

Did you purchase it used or new?
It's a new one. The problem is here in India we don't have support from DJI global. Local stores import the drones and sell it in double prices. So replacing is not a option for me. And I have only one remote. And the firmware is fully updated.

But one thing I have noticed that if the drone is not connected with the remote then the gimbal is completely stable.

So my conclusion is that the drone is okay. The problem is in the remote. But I don't know how to confirm this. None of my friends have a drone too. What do you guys think? Any way to fix the remote wheel or atleast confirm that the remote is broken so I can get a new one?

Was the remote control purchased as part of the complete unit?
What phone/device are you using with the remote control?
Did you properly register the drone and remote control with DJI?

The dial wheel seems fine superficially. Is there any way to check if the dial is broken or have some issues?
Try RC calibration first. That includes the gimbal wheel. It just might be slightly out of calibration and thinks it's being activated one way or another.

Reactions: Capt KO
Try RC calibration first. That includes the gimbal wheel. It just might be slightly out of calibration and thinks it's being activated one way or another.
Agree, RC calibration can fix problems in the remote and gimble. Gimble calibration is another thing to try when camera moves strangely.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rapidair