DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Air2s Now compatible with DJI RC !

Glad I bought mine early last week. They seem to be back-ordered everywhere for at least a month.

Time to open the box and get to work...

Glad I bought mine early last week. They seem to be back-ordered everywhere for at least a month.

Time to open the box and get to work...
Just did the updates, first with the regular controller, both dji fly and the drone, then with the dji RC, then connected the RC to the 2s. Needed one more (!) update that took just a minute or so. (The others took over an hour...DJI must have slow servers because my internet, even over wifi, is over 100 mbps)

Haven't done a flight test yet because it's raining heavily. Flight test will need to wait until tomorrow.

Reactions: chopperguy
Updated firmware on the Air 2s and my RC from the Mini 3 pro, didn't take very long for me. My first flight with the 2s and the RC seemed so so for me. I notice the same handling characteristics as the Mini 3, that it is not as smooth as the N1 controller and it is slightly slower. While it is faster to deploy the bird I'm not a 100 percent sure that this the way I will continue to fly the Air 2s. I really like the RC with the Mini 3, the ease of download pics and videos doesn't seem to translate to the Air 2s.
I had a limited first flight but as of now I am leaning towards going back to the N1, will do some more testing with the RC but just my initial thoughts...

Updated firmware on the Air 2s and my RC from the Mini 3 pro, didn't take very long for me. My first flight with the 2s and the RC seemed so so for me. I notice the same handling characteristics as the Mini 3, that it is not as smooth as the N1 controller and it is slightly slower. While it is faster to deploy the bird I'm not a 100 percent sure that this the way I will continue to fly the Air 2s. I really like the RC with the Mini 3, the ease of download pics and videos doesn't seem to translate to the Air 2s.
I had a limited first flight but as of now I am leaning towards going back to the N1, will do some more testing with the RC but just my initial thoughts...
Interesting. I'm waiting for the rain to stop before I send my 2S up. Have you customized any flight or gimbal parameters on your N1 for your 2S?

Can you elaborate on how it's not as easy to download pics and videos?

Interesting. I'm waiting for the rain to stop before I send my 2S up. Have you customized any flight or gimbal parameters on your N1 for your 2S?

Can you elaborate on how it's not as easy to download pics and videos?
I haven't touched anything on the N1 controller, but my Air 2s behaves just like the Mini 3 with the RC. On the N1 controller the Air 2s flies very smooth and is 3 - 4 mph faster at full stick in the normal mode, didn't have a chance to try sport or cinematic. As far as pics and video on the Mini 3 I can open the DJI fly app on my phone or tablet and the quick share icon pops up for downloading, I don't see that option for the Air 2s.

Last edited:
Just finished taking a flight over here with the DJI RC, flys very smooth with those soft sticks on that controller.

Having had a smart controller in the past and being a current RC owner I'll give you my thoughts.
Do not expect smart controller levels of build quality. This feels like a toy in comparison. The gimbals are better than the ones on the RC-N1 but nowhere near as nice as the ones on the smart controller.
However, it works well and is much faster and smoother than the old smart controller ever was.

Reactions: Gimbal2019
DJI RC limitations:

- somewhat slow startup. Best to start drone and RC at the same time.
- no offline maps
- need to hotspot for maps before you begin flight, since it shuts off wifi when flight commences.

Note that it runs a crippled android underneath. You don't have much adroid flexibility, but then again, you don't need more than it gives you.

Reactions: Brojon
I agree that the drone seems slower with the RC. I expected it to fly like it did with the RC-N1 but it is slower to climb & maneuver. I lose visual at 1/2 mile, so range isn't an issue. I like the screen. It seems bright enough, even in bright daylight. Maybe DJI will update the firmware to restore the performance.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MoBeeshy