DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Aircraft and Smart Controller firmware update - good experiences?

tlap

Reactions
Changing this to the positive: Who here has a good experiences after installing the latest firmware for the SC and the AC. I've read a lot of negative comments but I'd like to hear from those who did it problem-free.

I have not updated mine because I had difficulties with the last update, which resulted me having return the product. I received a replacement but are fearful to do the update. Thanks for your patience with me on this.

Make sure you have a good WiFi connection (don't run the microwave while you're doing it!). I did have to do it twice as it hung up the first time (using the SC WiFi direct). Seems to work fine.

My problem isn't with doing the updates, it was that when I did it the last time I had connection problems. Cyborg and bumper, glad things went well for you. Just checking who ever will respond before I attempting to redo the firmware updates.

Thanks.

Reactions: THE CYBORG
I didn't see any negative comments about the latest firmware. I updated and flew 3 batteries, had no issues

I really appreciate everyone's response and am glad a number of you didn't have a problem like I did with my previous drone. I think I will give it a go. I'll report here on the result.

(Edited)
Well, tried it this morning and everything has gone well so far. I flow about 1000 feet away at 250 feet high. Hit RTH and everything worked fine. Camera connection OK, no connection drops. Hopefully, the drone I returned really was defective.

Last edited:
Well my first flight is coming up this week, I did my updates on the SC and drone today so I'll let you know how it goes. Will be saying a little prayer to the drone Gods and keep my fingers crossed. Should be fun :)

Did updates out of the box, and it worked fine. though took a couple of attempts to download, which considering it was on my IoT network (no filters) and a fibre from the firewall to the exchange connection implies it may have been the other end having issues...

Also, it was no happy unless it was on a fast charger and well over 50% charge... got to the end, and stopped. I suspect it was concerned on a slow charger it was going to die before it completed??

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bbj5143