DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Aircraft disconnected - Gimbal failure

Mikehaspey

Reactions
Hi all,

Picked up my Mavic Pro a few days ago, second hand.
Latest firmware update done this morning.
Ever since it’s second flight I’ve had issues where the aircraft disconnects in flight / on ground.
The status tells me the gimbal has failed.
First time I did a reset on the drone and controller and it was ok again.
Today it’s been a nightmare, it’s constant.
Using an iPhone 8, I try to go in and do an IMU calibration and I can’t as the aircraft is disconnected, same with gimbal calibration (read online these might help).
I changed the battery and it started up ok, came up with Go Fly on the app and off we went, did a bit of video and use the tilt on the camera ok - about 10 mins in it disconnected again mid flight.
So I’m at a bit of a loss now, is there something wrong with the gimbal? Or do I need to do something with the software?
Help please!!

This might sound basic, but have you tried uninstalling and re-installing the app? Also, restarting your phone? Not a lot of help here, but it's a start! :) Sorry for your troubles. If that doesn't help, try calling (UGH) DJI!

Reactions: Mikehaspey
I did try that, along with various other things whilst pulling my hair out...
I posted on one of the Facebook groups and had a couple of people talk about the physical connection between the controller and my phone.
I tried my iPad Air instead using a proper cable to the lower USB slot and all seems to be good!
So fingers crossed the issue is the original DJI supplied cable that links to the phone on the side of the controller.

Don't use the side connection on the controller. Use the USB on the bottom and use a good cable. Should help your problem. Some devices work better than others from what I've read up on

Reactions: JDawg
I did try that, along with various other things whilst pulling my hair out...
I posted on one of the Facebook groups and had a couple of people talk about the physical connection between the controller and my phone.
I tried my iPad Air instead using a proper cable to the lower USB slot and all seems to be good!
So fingers crossed the issue is the original DJI supplied cable that links to the phone on the side of the controller.

So it sounds like it’s time to invest in a new side controller. Glad you got it worked out![emoji106]

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jared69