DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Aircraft Disconnected

borislip

Reactions
I've always had this on my G4, the RC connects, but more often than not the app just keeps saying "aircraft disconnected" (mind it, the aircraft is connected, and under full control). This may happen either at the very beginning, or mid flight, sometimes reconnecting the USB helps, but mostly it doesn't.

The app works fine on my Nexus 7 tablet, and i've assumed this to be a USB interoperability issue.

Today i've tried to use the app on my G4 again, but without the remote, using WiFi instead. And gues what!!! "RC connected" (RC? What RC? DJI, are you drunk?) on the main screen, "Aircraft Disconnected" on the device screen!!! Glad i didn't take it up in the air this way!!!

So, considering the above, definitely not a USB interoperability, but an APP ISSUE.

Any ideas on working this around, other than using a different device?

Reactions: jcp411
Had exactly the same issue yesterday, first time ever after many flight with the same device (xperia z3). The app could have been laggy in the past but reliable nonetheless. I thought that aircraft disconnected message may relate to video transmission part being disconnected and not the rc itself, but that doesn't make sense either as nothing in the app works. I'm on the up to date app and .400 firmware. I'm glad that I always fly keeping the open air between me and the aircraft so rth isn't much of a stressful event. Kind of an in-flight check. (yet keep forgetting to press that rec button sometimes)

I had a similar incident yesterday myself. I use an iPhone 7 plus never had an issue until this day. Started out the first few flights using litchi, not a single issue. Switched over to go 4 and for the aircraft disconnected message, alarmed me a little at first so I restarted everything including the app reconnected the phone and that seemed to do the trick. Low and behold mid flight my screen goes blank and aircraft disconnected reappears (this is the point where my heart was in my throat) it "reconnected" about 15 seconds later in the middle of my panic. Brought her home and she hasn't been back up since.

Hey i would like to continue on this thread.

Since the last update my Mavic has been acting out.

The Dji go app constantly says aircraft disconnected after flying for a while (2-3 mins) , the controller stays connected properly just the app says its disconnected. Also the active track sucks big time constantly loosing the subject.

What I've tried so far;
1) clear the cache of the app
2) reinstall the app
3) Format the Phone and install the app

I am currently downgrading my mavics software to the older version, V01.03.0550 to see if this will help me out or no.

i already contacted support but as usual, i got the same old reply, send it in for repair. im sure that this is just a software issue and i can solve it myself, dji need to get their business together and offer better support haha,

P.s- I have a One Plus 3 as a mobile device which operates perfectly.

The only thing that helps me with my G4 is... connecting another device (Nexus 7) instead [emoji35]

Format the phone? Seriously? Maybe we are also expected to try a shìtload of different ROMs, too?

The only thing that helps me with my G4 is... connecting another device (Nexus 7) instead [emoji35]

Format the phone? Seriously? Maybe we are also expected to try a shìtload of different ROMs, too?

I formatted the phone to make sure that the phone wont be causing any issues, i just finished downgrading my mavic and giving it a factory reset. will try it this weekend and keep you updated. hopefully with the downgrade the mavic will work perfectly as it used to .

Except that for me, as described in the original post, it never used to work with the G4, at least not in a stable way.

Except that for me, as described in the original post, it never used to work with the G4, at least not in a stable way.
Going to try my mavic in an hours time, driving me crazy cant wait for the weekend, will let you know if i have any issues or if a downgrade solved the issues.

also just in case im going ot take a spare original dji usb cable to connect my phone just in case it disconnects so i can eliminate the cable issue.

do you have any other tips which i might try?

Been having similar issues with my mavic. Lose live feed in the beginning of a flight. I just switched to a new phone S8. This does feel like the problem is with the app

Hey i would like to continue on this thread.

Since the last update my Mavic has been acting out.

The Dji go app constantly says aircraft disconnected after flying for a while (2-3 mins) , the controller stays connected properly just the app says its disconnected. Also the active track sucks big time constantly loosing the subject.
This is exactly what i was talking about, and it has only occurred after the most recent app update. i originally thought it may be a connection issue between the phone and the RC but that was not the issue either, needless to say my bird won't be back in the air until i can be assured that this issue has been fixed.

Reactions: Distracto_o
This is exactly what i was talking about, and it has only occurred after the most recent app update. i originally thought it may be a connection issue between the phone and the RC but that was not the issue either, needless to say my bird won't be back in the air until i can be assured that this issue has been fixed.
Good news guys. I reverted back to the last update as described in a reply of mine above and the mavic worked excellently ! Couldn't be happier.

I also tested the active track and lets say im 6/10 happy. I did active le track on my car and it sometimes lost me , sometimes it just followed me with the camera but kept it's position, but at the last 2 tries the active track worked perfectly and followed my car up to speeds of 45kmh.

My suggestions to get back up and flying ? Clean up your phone and cache, reset mavic software and downgrade it to previous version. Hope it works for you too

When saying "downgrade to the previous version", you'd rather be specific.

Downgrade the bird? The RC? The app? Which version is the "previous" for you?

I kinda wanna understand whats the most stable combination here.

When saying "downgrade to the previous version", you'd rather be specific.

Downgrade the bird? The RC? The app? Which version is the "previous" for you?

I kinda wanna understand whats the most stable combination here.
Youre right, i downgraded the mavics firmware and im using the latest dji go app.

Thank you so much! I downgraded the firmware and after a day or so, was able to connect to the AC. Weird thing was I briefly switched from my andriod (S6Edge+) to my iPad mini. When I went back to the S6, I was prompted to select the app for mavic. Once selected, it connected.

Reactions: Distracto_o
Lots of problems with my Moto G4 and Mavic firmware .600 recently. I'm using my wife's S6 instead.

Thank you so much! I downgraded the firmware and after a day or so, was able to connect to the AC. Weird thing was I briefly switched from my andriod (S6Edge+) to my iPad mini. When I went back to the S6, I was prompted to select the app for mavic. Once selected, it connected.
Glad to help

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
refrigasketscanada