DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

AIRCRAFT DISCONNECTED

Crusader14

Reactions
Hi Everyone. I was flying my M2 zoom yesterday. Flat unobstructed countryside. Drone about 300 ft away at around 100ft. Message on the iPhone display “aircraft disconnected” red background. I flew back and landed. Switched off drone and controller and restarted. Worked fine after that.
Happened once before.
Any ideas guys?

Hi Everyone. I was flying my M2 zoom yesterday. Flat unobstructed countryside. Drone about 300 ft away at around 100ft. Message on the iPhone display “aircraft disconnected” red background. I flew back and landed. Switched off drone and controller and restarted. Worked fine after that.
Happened once before.
Any ideas guys?

Probably best to post your flight log to this thread to see what was happening prior to the disconnect.

Happened once before.
Any ideas guys?
If you flew back then it did not stay disconnected? Correct?

This sounds very much like an issue I had. I have the smart controller, but most of us are using dji go 4. It is the dji go 4 app that fails. Your controller is still in command, but you can’t see it on your device. This has happened to others and I don’t know what precipitates it or how to avoid it.

This sounds very much like an issue I had. I have the smart controller, but most of us are using dji go 4. It is the dji go 4 app that fails. Your controller is still in command, but you can’t see it on your device. This has happened to others and I don’t know what precipitates it or how to avoid it.
If by that you mean the video goes black as in totally black then yes that happens on the smart controller.
But as I said I don’t recall ever had that happen in flight. The only solution I have found is the exit go 4 and restart it.
If you’re in mid air the aircraft will just hover while you do this.

The video goes grey.
I see you mean there’s like a frozen image on the screen that’s black and white.
That would indicate it had video and lost it.
If it never gets video to begin with it’ll just be black.
Not that that helps you any?

It has not reacurred, but I will be more prepared if it does and not be as panicked. It IS the app that fails and this takes out the video with it.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
James Hoogenboom