DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Aircraft fan noise and tablet charging from controller

dxer

Reactions
Just purchased Mavic 2 Pro.....switching from Yuneec Typhoon H.
I am still learning DJI GO 4 app and everything about Mavic 2 Pro.

I haven't flew yet but I am somehow worried about fairly noisy fan from the aircraft.
When I start drone it is fine, but after I start DJI 4 GO app , it starts to spin very fast and is very loud all the time while I am browsing through app options.
Is this normal ?
I remember that Yuneec Typhoon H was almost silent compared to this drone.

Second thing which is anoying is that my Samsung Tab S5e is charging from the M2 controller. I read many things on the web and is it trued that there is no solution to this ?
I mean, why DJI can't switch off charge option through USB port , like they have this for iOS ?

Yes, fan is normal. Device charging is an Android thing, DJI can't do much about it.

Reactions: dxer
Yes, fan is normal. Device charging is an Android thing, DJI can't do much about it.
It would be a simple fix for DJI If they didn't connect the wire supplying power to the USB port it wouldn't charge from the controller but everything else would work.
I am another that doesn't like wasting the controller battery on charging my tablet.

No, many Android devices use the positive wire to detect that a cable is connected, so not connecting the wire would never give a connection.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jack_0851