DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Aircraft motor overloaded following crash

DavidCee

Reactions
I crashed my Mavic this evening (no excuses, entirely my own fault) and I’m getting an error message saying the Aircraft Motor is overloaded, and asking me to check if the gimbal clamp is removed. It is; in fact, I can’t get it back on without manhandling the camrei& gimbal assembly, which I’m afraid to do in case I make things worse.

Does this sound like a ‘return to DJI’ repair? I am not a handy person in any way.

Many thanks

DC

The replacement of the gimbal ribbon usually sorts this problem, if you’re no good technically then I would send it off for repair, if you are then YouTube is full of tutorials on how to replace it

Reactions: Rogat19
The replacement of the gimbal ribbon usually sorts this problem, if you’re no good technically then I would send it off for repair, if you are then YouTube is full of tutorials on how to replace it

No warranty on this?

Your post is a little confusing. You mention the "Aircraft Motor is overloaded" error message but it is also mentioning the gimbal clamp. So I am guessing your error message is actually about a gimbal motor overload. You also say you have to manhandle the assembly to get the clamp on. I suspect that your gimbal mount has come out of it's proper position which makes the gimbal or camera not able to move freely when first powered on. Watch it when powering on to see if it does strike something.

I crashed my Mavic this evening (no excuses, entirely my own fault) and I’m getting an error message saying the Aircraft Motor is overloaded, and asking me to check if the gimbal clamp is removed. It is; in fact, I can’t get it back on without manhandling the camrei& gimbal assembly, which I’m afraid to do in case I make things worse.

Does this sound like a ‘return to DJI’ repair? I am not a handy person in any way.

Many thanks

DC
Doesn’t say where you are there is a repairer in Sydney Camzilla give them a call or there is a major repairer in Melbourne that DJI will arraigne it to be sent to or if you have DJI care then they will repair it no matter what you did to it

Will they honour a warranty claim following a crash?
no of course not, unless the crash was caused by a failure of the software or aircraft that will show up in the telemetry report, if its just a user error crash no way, unless it’s DJI care then they will but only if you get the aircraft back if you lose the aircraft they won’t either

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JTBennett00