Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Aircraft not connected to controller

Suzygs1000

Reactions
Ok, this is a new experience for me.

Mini SE ...

Approx 1200 metres away

I got a warning and rth, which I cancelled, as I had flown in this area many times, and had heaps of battery

Then the screen froze, went black and white, and I got a notification 'Aircraft not connected to controller'

I held the RTH button, and hoped it had actually gone into rth mode, but status still showed 'not connected', so I really had no idea what was going on.

I pressed 're-pair to aircraft' but I was then asked to press the button on the drone.

So I just sat there hoping that it was actually coming home, and not just sitting stationery somewhere waiting for the battery to run out.

After about 5 minutes, I could hear it overhead, and it was descending to land.

When it got down to about a metre or so, it was a metre or so away from the pad.

I then discovered that I still had full control of the drone, even thought the transmitter was still telling me 'Aircraft not connected to RC'.

The transmitter was still frozen in black and white, showing the view where it obviously believed it had lost connection.

TX battery was full, and drone about 50%.

Anyone know what went on here" I did think I had lost another drone ....

Ok, this is a new experience for me.

Mini SE ...

Approx 1200 metres away

I got a warning and rth, which I cancelled, as I had flown in this area many times, and had heaps of battery

Then the screen froze, went black and white, and I got a notification 'Aircraft not connected to controller'

I held the RTH button, and hoped it had actually gone into rth mode, but status still showed 'not connected', so I really had no idea what was going on.

I pressed 're-pair to aircraft' but I was then asked to press the button on the drone.

So I just sat there hoping that it was actually coming home, and not just sitting stationery somewhere waiting for the battery to run out.

After about 5 minutes, I could hear it overhead, and it was descending to land.

When it got down to about a metre or so, it was a metre or so away from the pad.

I then discovered that I still had full control of the drone, even thought the transmitter was still telling me 'Aircraft not connected to RC'.

The transmitter was still frozen in black and white, showing the view where it obviously believed it had lost connection.

TX battery was full, and drone about 50%.

Anyone know what went on here" I did think I had lost another drone ....
There might have been interference on the video link frequency but you still actually had control? I've seen many reports of people losing the video feed and being told to try and fly up to improve the connection to the control station, and if possible - fly it back home.
RTH takes some of the worry about signal loss - but is still a nail biter when it happens.

Yeh, it was wierd that I still had control .... I had no idea how to take a screen shot without closing the app, but now I know, and if it happens again, I will sceen dump ....

Well, I haven't use'd the SE for a few weeks, now I can fly in my back yard with perfect video, but I can't download unlocked licence because the app says the aircraft is disconnected. I have had this problem before. I have restarted all three items a number of times... contacting DJI support believe is a waste of time as they will tell me the Motorola G30 is not supported, even tho it works perfectly, and I had plenty of hours on it with the mini 2 I lost ...

PS ... I don't have an SD card inserted at the moment ....

Last edited:
Hi Suzygs1000, can I ask why you don’t have an SD card in your drone?
Regards

Well, I am just sitting at my computer getting approval to fly in a restricted zone. Why would I need a card in the drone. I take 'em out after a flight, download the video, then format then. I then put them in a container ready for the next flight. Is there a reason that I should keep the cards in the drones?

Sorry didn’t understand the reference to not having a card in the drone.
Regards

That's ok, just that someone keeps telling me when I have a problem that most problems come from the sd card, and try changing the card in the drone to see if that fixes the problem, so I thought I would just advise that there was not an sd card in the drone ... all good, thanks ..

Reactions: Gagey52
Well, I am just sitting at my computer getting approval to fly in a restricted zone. Why would I need a card in the drone. I take 'em out after a flight, download the video, then format then. I then put them in a container ready for the next flight. Is there a reason that I should keep the cards in the drones?
I always keep the cards in the drones. I usually just attach the drone to the USB port with a cable and cut and paste the 100MEDIA folder to my computer. Then I rename the 100MEDIA folder to the current date.

I always keep the cards in the drones. I usually just attach the drone to the USB port with a cable and cut and paste the 100MEDIA folder to my computer. Then I rename the 100MEDIA folder to the current date.
I wasn't aware you could do that with the Mini 3 Pro .... I have read the manual and it just states that you can transfer like that to your phone, doesn't mention a windows computer ... but thanks, I will give it a try ...

I wasn't aware you could do that with the Mini 3 Pro .... I have read the manual and it just states that you can transfer like that to your phone, doesn't mention a windows computer ... but thanks, I will give it a try ...
I don't have the M3P, but looking at the User's Guide it does show a USB-C connector on the drone. You should be able to connect to a USB port on your computer, power on the drone, and use File Explorer to access the 100MEDIA folder. (Just like you would an external hard drive). At least that's the way it works on my Mavic Pro Platinum, and my Air2S.

Well, I haven't use'd the SE for a few weeks, now I can fly in my back yard with perfect video, but I can't download unlocked licence because the app says the aircraft is disconnected. I have had this problem before. I have restarted all three items a number of times... contacting DJI support believe is a waste of time as they will tell me the Motorola G30 is not supported, even tho it works perfectly, and I had plenty of hours on it with the mini 2 I lost ...

PS ... I don't have an SD card inserted at the moment ....
I had the same problem, Motorola E32, it was a work phone, I switched to my private E32 and I was out about 900m and "lost connection", it took me ten minutes to find it. It was up at 50m, I eventually restarted the controller and got connection back. Subsequentially it happened again when it was 10m away and I noticed I had control of the drone while the phone said no connection. I switched to a old iPhone with no SIM card and have had no problems since. DJI is correct, it is the phone, or at least the Android version. I use the iPhone on wireless so I get internet connection. when out of wireless range you will get a message of the drone not paired and you have x number of flights, but that goes away when you get back into wireless range.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Schmidteh121