DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Aircraft not connected to RC

fourdogs111

Reactions
Hello - I see this question posed elsewhere but the suggestions have not fixed my issue. Please look this over and if you can see something I am missing throw me a bone. Maybe I am just to close to see what the problem is.
1.) RC stopped charging and so I replaced the RC controller with a new one.
2.) I have tried pairing the RC and MM many times.
3.) I removed the SD card
4.) I used the DJI assistant to upgrade the firmware on the MM and the controller.
5.) I uninstalled and reinstalled the DJI Fly app.
6.) MM, batteries and RC are fully charged.

What procedure or procedures did you follow, exactly! Including button presses anywhere.

I turn on the controller with a short than long press and wait for the three beeps. The DJI Fly app than opens. I press Connect Aircraft and the app displays searching for aircraft. I then press the power on the MM with a short and then long press and wait for the gimble to swivel and then beep. The indicator light then flashes green quickly indicating it is in pairing mode. After failing to pair, the app displays "unable to connect to aircraft? I select this and then select Pair. The controller continuously beeps and counts down from 60. During this time the MM is in pairing mode with the indictor light quickly flashing green.

Last night I downgraded the firmware of the controller and MM with no luck pairing. This is a replacement controller I received on Wednesday for my previous controller that would no longer charge. Of course it failed one week after the one year warranty was up so I paid $72 to have a new one shipped. Something tells me there is some sort of step to pair the new controller that I am missing.

@ PhiliusFoggg

okay so after posting the last response I watched the video on the DJI site detailing the linking procedure. I was missing the four second power button push on the MM. I thought the flashing green light indicated that it was in pairing mode. Once I selected pairing from the app and then pushed the power button on the MM for 4 seconds The camera came up. Thanks for taking the time to respond. It's nice to know there is a forum to assist the unwashed. Have a great weekend.

@ PhiliusFoggg

okay so after posting the last response I watched the video on the DJI site detailing the linking procedure. I was missing the four second power button push on the MM. I thought the flashing green light indicated that it was in pairing mode. Once I selected pairing from the app and then pushed the power button on the MM for 4 seconds The camera came up. Thanks for taking the time to respond. It's nice to know there is a forum to assist the unwashed. Have a great weekend.
Yep, gotta know your drone’s system. Good job troubleshooting.

@ PhiliusFoggg

Just wondering, did the lights switch to blue at any time during Pairing? If not what did the lights, both controller and aircraft signal colorwise or flashing speed?

s in pairing mode. Once I selected pairing from the app and then pushed the power button on the MM for 4 seconds The camer
Great ..
That's why I asked for the exact sequence, in typing or as a consequence of typing, you often catch a missed step.
For what it worth once the controller and or drone are on you can trigger the 'find a new 'mate'' thing on either by doing the 4 second power button press. If you do it on both they will link, the order of switch on etc. does not matter and the phone is not needed during this.

Just wondering, did the lights switch to blue at any time during Pairing? If not what did the lights, both controller and aircraft signal colorwise or flashing speed?
plain white but flash in sequence on both drone and controller

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toninhostark