DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

`AirData and DJI App

Jagerbomb52

Reactions
So today after looking at the battery info on AirData I just flew it say it has been charged 12 times. I know for a fact it has not. Going into the DJI Fly App where the battery info is it tells me it has been charged 6 times which is correct. So how is Airdata so far off from reality?

screenshot-app.airdata.com-2021.08.20-12_45_47.png

Screenshot (Aug 20, 2021 12_43_42 PM).png

Hi @Agustine ! If you hover over "Times Charged" you will get an explanation about this.

The DJI charge counters are known to be incorrect and miss many actual charges. If you look in the battery section in AirData it will show you a comparison of the 2 counters and it will be easy to see why the DJI counters are wrong.

For example, on flight A the charge may go down to 55% at the end of the flight, then on the next flight with the same battery the charge is at 95% at takeoff - implying there was a battery charge happening between those 2 flights. DJI sometimes will not count this as a charge, but AirData will.

Attaching a screenshot of the explanation from AirData. Hope this helps!

Attachments

• charge_counter.png
    charge_counter.png
    13.3 KB · Views: 15
DJI maybe only counting "Full" charges instead of partial charges as AirData is apparently doing. So for example if charging from 20% to 100% (80% total charge) is where DJI counts one charge cycle and you charge the battery from 80% to 100% 4 separate times, AirData would show 4 charges versus just one for DJI (4 chargers X 20% = one 80% charge cycle).

Reactions: umanbean
OK makes sense I guess. I know for a fact that I have only charged that battery 6 times.
I had asked the question about my Autel drones battery cycle count and how it was determined. I got this reply from them a few months ago.

"I've consulted my engineer and it seem as though lowering the battery below 21% capacity and recharging it constitutes a cycle count. So, if a battery is discharged to a percentage of 20% remaining or lower, recharging it will increase the cycle count by 1."

Reactions: umanbean
DJI maybe only counting "Full" charges instead of partial charges as AirData is apparently doing. So for example if charging from 20% to 100% (80% total charge) is where DJI counts one charge cycle and you charge the battery from 80% to 100% 4 separate times, AirData would show 4 charges versus just one for DJI (4 chargers X 20% = one 80% charge cycle).
this ^ exactly

That's the way it is on a P3 battery, I'm fairly new to Mavics but I wondered about that...

BTW, my Airdata count is just the opposite from OPs... it reports way less charges than the app does. Best I can tell, it's not getting the count from the battery, it's counting only since I added the (second-hand) Mavic to my account?

Last edited:
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
carlos22