DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Airdata Problems with IOS Devices

AE1M

Reactions
After several of my automatically uploaded flights to Airdata had missing sections, usually the last half, I emailed their tech support. They blame the DJI Fly app. So, if this happens to you, best is to manually upload the flightrecords that you have to extract from your device with iTunes (easiest) to the Airdata site. Just FYI. If you use MAC, use Finder to access the files with IOS device attached (iTunes no longer used). Files are under the DJI app.

I've had this happen in a couple of flights. Hope DJI/Airdata manage to fix this.

After several of my automatically uploaded flights to Airdata had missing sections, usually the last half, I emailed their tech support. They blame the DJI Fly app. So, if this happens to you, best is to manually upload the flightrecords that you have to extract from your device with iTunes (easiest) to the Airdata site. Just FYI. If you use MAC, use Finder to access the files with IOS device attached (iTunes no longer used). Files are under the DJI app.
Have you tried syncing the flights to DJI and then Syncing to DJI from the airdata website?
There’s a place under your profile where you can enter your DJ I login credentials and it will pull them from DJI.

Have you tried syncing the flights to DJI and then Syncing to DJI from the airdata website?
There’s a place under your profile where you can enter your DJ I login credentials and it will pull them from DJI.

Not sure if you understood the post or if I was clear.

Yes, I have checked my auto-sync to DJI in the DJI Fly app. This is working fine.

Then, I use Airdata's HD Sync app to sync the DJI data to Airdata.

The flightlog that goes to Airdata from DJI's server is missing a large part of the flight. According to Airdata, the flightlog transfer from my IOS device to DJI's server is losing the data due to a bug in the DJI Fly app that they have reported to DJI.

If I manually upload the extracted Flightlog file from my IOS device, all the data is there and the flight info is correct on Airdata.

In summary, Airdata claims (and has reported to DJI they said) that the flightlogs that the DJI Fly app is uploading to the DJI server from IOS devices is faulty.

For many small flights, this is working fine. For longer flights (>10 mins maybe) the last x minutes of the flight is missing many times.

Hope I explained the whole thing clearly!

Thanks,
Bob

Not sure if you understood the post or if I was clear.

Yes, I have checked my auto-sync to DJI in the DJI Fly app. This is working fine.

The flightlog that goes to Airdata from DJI's server is missing a large part of the flight. According to Airdata, the flightlog transfer from my IOS device to DJI's server is losing the data due to a bug in the DJI Fly app that they have reported to DJI.

If I manually upload the extracted Flightlog file from my IOS device, all the data is there and the flight info is correct on Airdata.

In summary, Airdata claims (and has reported to DJI they said) that the flightlogs that the DJI Fly app is uploading to the DJI server from IOS devices is faulty.

For many small flights, this is working fine. For longer flights (>10 mins maybe) the last x minutes of the flight is missing many times.

Hope I explained the whole thing clearly!

Thanks,
Bob
I just thought perhaps syncing from the web site rather than HD sync might work better but if the log is really broken then I guess not.

I just thought perhaps syncing from the web site rather than HD sync might work better but if the log is really broken then I guess not.

Again, the flightlog stored in the IOS device is not broken. For some reason, the DJI Fly app is failing to send the whole thing. I can copy the flightlog off the IOS device using iTunes and manually upload it on the Airdata site and it's fine.

@AE1M , from what you are telling, the fault is at the HD Sync app from Airdata because:

I have checked my auto-sync to DJI in the DJI Fly app. This is working fine.
That means, DJI Fly app syncs the logs to DJI servers successfully.

Here we might found the bug. Why use the HD Sync app on iOS? That app is not necessary because there is another way to sync logs to Airdata. (See steps below)
HD Sync app is not being updated for 2 years so it is likely not supporting the DJI Fly app structure correct.

A manual upload gives the desired results is confirmed with your statement:

To verify the issue, i recommend following:
- Delete HD Sync from your iOS device (or do not use it anymore!)
- In Airdata, setup the DJI login to sync the logs from DJI Servers to Airdata.

2020-02-27_18-35-42.png
Then, enter your DJI credentials in Airdata:
2020-02-27_18-37-58.png
From then on, log files are synced automatically from DJI servers to Airdata.

Try this and report back.

Reactions: Thomas B
Good work around!
The problem is just not acknowledged by AirData... they likely need to update the app to perform as it used to do, leaving the consumer to suffer consequences as described in above posts.
AirData needs to accommodate DJI, not vice versa, IMHO

Airdata claims DJI Fly app is the problem during the transfer from the IOS device to DJI's servers so that would still pull in the broken flightlog. Although the flightlog is correct when I manually extract it, Airdata claims DJI Fly is not uploading the whole flight to DJI's servers.

Your suggestion will still have Airdata grab the broken flightlog.

BTW, how do you get that nice "ripped look" screenshot!

From Airdata Support:

"Known issue with iPhones:
Also, we have determined that DJI has an issue on the DJI fly app where the flights are being uploaded too early to the DJI cloud and therefore are incorrect (flight time is too short). There was a similar issue with the iPad version (which is different than iPhone) which they fixed, but it seems like they did not fix it on the iPhone yet."

Then they go on to suggest manually extracting the flightlog and manually uploading directly to the Airdata site.

Bob

Reactions: Thomas B
From Airdata Support:

"Known issue with iPhones:
Also, we have determined that DJI has an issue on the DJI fly app where the flights are being uploaded too early to the DJI cloud and therefore are incorrect (flight time is too short). There was a similar issue with the iPad version (which is different than iPhone) which they fixed, but it seems like they did not fix it on the iPhone yet."
I see ...

Have you tried to disable the 'Auto-sync Flight Records' slider in DJI Fly app?
That should prevent uploading logs to DJI servers while a flight is in progress and Internet connectivity on your iOS device is granted.

I am the OP and wrote about Flighlogs being cut off, got all kinds of replies hinting that I was doing something wrong.

Finally DJI replied to my report to their support, I was right. They credited my account with $10 for the find also!

Hi Bob,

Good day!

We received an update from our engineering team. They have mentioned that an upcoming firmware update will be released soon, that will address your concern regarding the flight time on flight logs captured via AirData.

Please stay tuned to the latest news and events by subscribing to DJI official website at www.dji.com or following us on social media:

Facebook: Security Check Required
Twitter: DJI (@DJIGlobal) | Twitter
YouTube: DJI

We hope this helps. If you have any further questions, don’t hesitate to contact us again. We’d love to help.

Thank you again for your time and thank you for patronizing DJI product.

Best Regards,

Abbey

DJI Technical Support

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BHU