DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Airmap FAA Flight Authorization

Luke147

Reactions
I am very impressed with the Airmap FAA Flight AuthAuthorization program. I've used it twice this week to request authorization to fly inside the 5 mile airport Class E zone and was granted almost immediate approval via text message. Its a very simple, easy to follow straight forward process. Looks like a slam dunk to me compared to the old method of calling airport.

Reactions: Slade
I am very impressed with the Airmap FAA Flight AuthAuthorization program. I've used it twice this week to request authorization to fly inside the 5 mile airport Class E zone and was granted almost immediate approval via text message. Its a very simple, easy to follow straight forward process. Looks like a slam dunk to me compared to the old method of calling airport.
Good to know, but you may want to edit the title. FCC?

Reactions: Slade
I have found it works very well. I did just experience a problem with it last night tho. Maybe some of you can help on here. I live on the Missouri river and was attempting to plan flights for today through Airpmap. I will be covering approx. 7-8 miles of river today. All of this is within the LAANC radius. I tried to make my boundary follow the shape of the river but the altitude limitations vary. For the 200' i used 175 for max flight height. for the 100' I used 75'. That is when I hit a snag. It was telling me I had flights overlapping and I had to cancel the previous flight request. Is there any way to make more than one flight plan at a time? Or even make one flight plan for areas with different altitude limits? I realize i can plan these in the field and probably get immediate feedback with positive results, but it would be nice to get it done ahead of time since I will be on the water a majority of the time. Just one less thing to worry about with clients sitting next to me.

Can anyone let me know how I can fly live video on the air map or Kittyhawk app

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
invertedloser