DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Airplane Mode on I-Phone

AerialsRus

Reactions
When using I-Phone as Controller, is it advisable to put the phone on airplane mode? What happens if phone rings, text message appears? Will the Mavic crash or lose signal?

You should enable airplane mode if you want to limit distractions or if you need to free up resources to make DJI GO run better.

If your phone rings, you receive a text message, etc., you'll have the same experience as when using other apps while those things happen. The Mavic is flown with the remote controller. Even if DJI GO crashes, you'll still be able to continue flying with the remote controller.

Reactions: locoman
When using I-Phone as Controller, is it advisable to put the phone on airplane mode? What happens if phone rings, text message appears? Will the Mavic crash or lose signal?
No...because if you put your iPhone in airplane mode you'll lose the WIFI connection to the AC. I assume you just speaking about flying with phone w/o RC

No...because if you put your iPhone in airplane mode you'll lose the WIFI connection
If flying with Wi-Fi, just re-enable Wi-Fi after enabling airplane mode.

If flying with Wi-Fi, just re-enable Wi-Fi after enabling airplane mode.
Wow, I learned something new today! You have no idea how many times I've wonder about this while on a plane and wanting to connect to in-flight wifi.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KevinStudent