DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Airspace questin

Calhoun Ranger

Reactions
I would like input into an airspace question, please! For section 107 remote pilots, this will be a little quiz!

I have an appointment to video an event at the Wren’s Nest near Atlanta. The digital coordinates are 33.737740/-84.422214. I calculate this to N33 44.26 and W84 25.33. It is under a Class B shelf for Hartsfield-Jackson (3500 ft), and appears to be just outside the Class D for Fulton County-Brown airport.

Is there any reason why I would need an airspace authorization? To me, it appears to be in uncontrolled airspace.

Also, is there any way to know in advance whether Mavic geofencing will allow me to fly there?

You are far enough away from both airports that the Mavic geofencing shouldn't be a factor. If you are flying part 107 it looks like you are good to go there, but you do have some restricted areas near by that aren't related to the airports. If you are flying for fun then you have to notify ATL.

Thanks. Yes, it is 107. What restricted areas do you see? I will be flying no more than 50 yards from the gps I listed.

If you use Airmap, it will show you all the little places around town. There is a detention center, some power plants (which are probably solar farms) and a few other things. But right over where you had listed it is clear.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
refrigasketscanada