DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Alaska Earthquake Damage

Was just in Anchorage 3 weeks ago. We drove that Highway multiple times during our vacation. Seems like we left at the right time.
Its fortunate not to see any automobiles down that Earthquake created ravine.

Thanks for posting this update.

areas of fill dirt will tend to slop off.
wish i could go back in time about 40 years. big s
mud slide covered hwy 24 and the bart parking lot, a whole hill side sloped off.
but having not heard much about alaska, i hope there was not much, if any lose of life.

Great footage, however, I saw a helicopter and plane in the vicinity. I think you also saw them because you stopped your drone. We really should not be flying around disaster areas as press and police helicopters would most likely be there as well. Thanks for the posting though.

People will be where people will be.
As long as the drone was not inter fearing with maned aircraft he was good to fly.
No reason to believe ither of those two aircraft had anything to do with this landslide.
But then on my phone I did not see them.

Great footage, however, I saw a helicopter and plane in the vicinity. I think you also saw them because you stopped your drone. We really should not be flying around disaster areas as press and police helicopters would most likely be there as well. Thanks for the posting though.
You are right. My plan modified when I saw the low flying aircraft. Just snapped one photo and flew straight back.

Please post more pics or videos as you get them. Amazing no one was killed.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
turtle27mike