DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now
Stunning!

Alaska has no equals in the U.S. as far as I’m concerned. A landscape so vast, almost unfathomable. I couldn’t take my drone when I visited, but 80% of the photos I took were 5-8 image panos. It left a greater impression than any place I’ve ever visited. I’d love to see more. You might add 2 or 3 more images to your panos. I’d hate to think I’m missing some of the scenery.

We have plenty of fall colors in the mid-Atlantic, but we ain’t got no Alaska.

Alaska has no equals in the U.S. as far as I’m concerned. A landscape so vast, almost unfathomable. I couldn’t take my drone when I visited, but 80% of the photos I took were 5-8 image panos. It left a greater impression than any place I’ve ever visited. I’d love to see more. You might add 2 or 3 more images to your panos. I’d hate to think I’m missing some of the scenery.

We have plenty of fall colors in the mid-Atlantic, but we ain’t got no Alaska.
Here you go
DJI_0709.jpg

Yes, that's what it takes to get it all in Alaska is the pure definition of wilderness. A vast wilderness landscape at a scale that pictures don't fully capture.

You mean stitched together in Photoshop?

I watched some of the videos on your YouTube. Wonderful. Love the Mavic 2 Hyperlapse video especially.

I went on a cruise with some excursions, a cursory vignette of what Alaska has to offer, but it left a huge impression. A guide drove us into the Yukon from Skagway to various stops including the Carcross Desert. I asked the guide what was at the top of the large dune and she didn't know 'cause none of her travelers had expressed any interest in hiking up a sand dune to find out... all the invitation I needed. The sand was soft and made for a lot of effort to get up to the top. I was sort of disappointed when I got to the top and looked to the other side, but when I turned back around the direction I came, I got my reward with a wonderful view of Bennett Lake. We took the train back to Skagway an entirely different route and more wonderful scenery. Can't really shoot panos from a moving train!

The waterway pano is from one of the inside passages on the return from Skagway, our furthest destination. It was pretty depressing thinking it was all over, but the return on that passage, water smooth as glass, mountains rising up so high you're looking practically straight up. I stayed on the aft deck the entire day, temps in the 70's. The most peaceful and awe inspiring day of my life. I can't wait to go back. Pretty long trip from DC.

YUKON-DESERT-1.jpg

Klondike-Train-1.jpg

PASSAGE-1.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: PAW and MikeC
Yes, that's what it takes to get it all in Alaska is the pure definition of wilderness. A vast wilderness landscape at a scale that pictures don't fully capture.

I watched some of the videos on your YouTube. Wonderful. Love the Mavic 2 Hyperlapse video especially.

I went on a cruise with some excursions, a cursory vignette of what Alaska has to offer, but it left a huge impression. A guide drove us into the Yukon from Skagway to various stops including the Carcross Desert. I asked the guide what was at the top of the large dune and she didn't know 'cause none of her travelers had expressed any interest in hiking up a sand dune to find out... all the invitation I needed. The sand was soft and made for a lot of effort to get up to the top. I was sort of disappointed when I got to the top and looked to the other side, but when I turned back around the direction I came, I got my reward with a wonderful view of Bennett Lake. We took the train back to Skagway an entirely different route and more wonderful scenery. Can't really shoot panos from a moving train!

The waterway pano is from one of the inside passages on the return from Skagway, our furthest destination. It was pretty depressing thinking it was all over, but the return on that passage, water smooth as glass, mountains rising up so high you're looking practically straight up. I stayed on the aft deck the entire day, temps in the 70's. The most peaceful and awe inspiring day of my life. I can't wait to go back. Pretty long trip from DC.

View attachment 81881

View attachment 81882

View attachment 81883
Beautiful shots! Let me know if you make it back up here. I will let you in on some of my favorite spots.

View attachment 81881

View attachment 81882

View attachment 81883
Love the shot of the train!

Beautiful shots! Let me know if you make it back up here. I will let you in on some of my favorite spots.

Are there bad spots? It’s so vast, it’s like... where do you start? The cruise definitely gets to some places you can’t get to otherwise, but next time I’d like to see some of the interior. I need to do some research on possible itineraries.

Are there bad spots? It’s so vast, it’s like... where do you start? The cruise definitely gets to some places you can’t get to otherwise, but next time I’d like to see some of the interior. I need to do some research on possible itineraries.
For photography, come in the fall. Travel the road system and see Homer and Seward south of Anchorage and then travel the Glenn Highway through mountain passes and by glaciers. Take the Richardson Highway to Fairbanks and then the Parks Highway south. Fit in a trip to Valdez if you have time or the Denali Highway.

For photography, come in the fall. Travel the road system and see Homer and Seward south of Anchorage and then travel the Glenn Highway through mountain passes and by glaciers. Take the Richardson Highway to Fairbanks and then the Parks Highway south. Fit in a trip to Valdez if you have time or the Denali Highway.

Very helpful. That narrows it down. I was looking at the routes around where you're at in Wasilla. I see the big loop you mapped out. That would really cover some beautiful territory. I'd need at least a dozen Mavic batteries per diem... and a handful of 128GB cards. Plus a big DSLR kit. Better start buying NOW!

Very helpful. That narrows it down. I was looking at the routes around where you're at in Wasilla. I see the big loop you mapped out. That would really cover some beautiful territory. I'd need at least a dozen Mavic batteries per diem... and a handful of 128GB cards. Plus a big DSLR kit. Better start buying NOW!
I use my DC charger for my 3 batteries. It keeps up pretty good. Do stock up on SD cards, you will fill them if weather cooperates.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rarmstrong2580