DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

3 Alaska Railroad

akdrone

Premium Pilot
Reactions
The Alaska Railroad runs all year. In the winter it just runs on weekends, traveling north from Anchorage on Sat and back down to Anchorage from Fairbanks on Sunday. It is, I understand, the only existing railroad that will stop in mid run for a person that flags it down, or allow a person to ask it to stop in the middle of nowhere so they can walk out to their cabin. Two of us followed the train southward with our Mavic 3's. We took care to not fly over the train although that might have been broached for just a moment. The train sounds were, of course, inserted in post, downloaded from zapsplat.com. The music came from epidemic sounds.
Alaska Railroad

My wife and I rode that train from Anchorage to Denali station where we took a bush plane to a lodge to do some horseback riding in the mountains. That was close to 30 years ago. Thanks for bringing back some great memories.

The Alaska Railroad runs all year. In the winter it just runs on weekends, traveling north from Anchorage on Sat and back down to Anchorage from Fairbanks on Sunday. It is, I understand, the only existing railroad that will stop in mid run for a person that flags it down, or allow a person to ask it to stop in the middle of nowhere so they can walk out to their cabin. Two of us followed the train southward with our Mavic 3's. We took care to not fly over the train although that might have been broached for just a moment. The train sounds were, of course, inserted in post, downloaded from zapsplat.com. The music came from epidemic sounds.
Alaska Railroad
Fantastic…pure white mountains against crystal clear blue skies…with an awesome yellow train. 👍

Very nice!

Alaska Railroad
Nicely done 👍🏻

Alaska Railroad
Wow. Absolutely stunning imagery. Nice flying. Nice editing. You did a superb job with the added audio. Hearing the train sounds really made it come alive. Thanks very much for sharing this.

And thanks for reminding me of my one trip to Alaska, on a sailboat out to the Kenai Fjords. What a place for a drone that would have been.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PetefromNZ