DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Alert! New Mavic Air owner!

Deputyrpa

Reactions
Hello!
I just picked up a used Mavic Air from a buddy on a whim. I haven't yet been able to solo with it, but I flew it around under his tutelage for a little while in a limited envelope. By the time I got it home it was too dim to calibrate the compass to let it rip in the open. I also found out that my Kyocera DuraForce Pro phone is too thick to fit into the controller arms. I ordered a tablet mount for it, and until received, the modified kung-fu grip mounting situation will have to do.

I hope to take flight tomorrow morning. I have a farm, with large open fields, and a wooded mountainside. I propose to stick to the fields and get a feel for flying it in both modes. Then I hope to explore the Active Track and have it follow my bird dog on a pheasant hunt later on. Is my expected learning curve too steep for one day? I've flown primitive RC planes as a kid, and this easier by a long shot, especially with the built-in failsafes. However, I'm sure I'll find some weaknesses, LOL!

Thanks everyone, and I look forward to learning, and hopefully contributing.....somehow. Probably by illustrating what not to do with a drone!

Why would you think you should calibrate the compass?

Welcome to the forum! :)

That is a good answer. The air seems to be a little more touchy on compass than some of the other DJI products. Some people like to do the dance whenever the wind blows too much, which is not quite the best approach. Have fun with the new hot rod!

Welcome to Mavic Pilots .
I hope you will find our site helpful and look forward to any input , photo's/video's you might post .
Don't be shy and ask anything if you can't find it by searching . Thumbswayup

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ENJOYBIKE