DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Alientech Duo II disassembly help

nencmeister

Reactions
Hey guys, does anyone have any information on how to disassemble an Alientech Duo II unit for the MA2? Alientech is refusing to help me so I have to do this myself. My unit does not hold charge (even after charging for a full day) it cuts out mid flight, has been like this out of the box. $500 paperweight.

Or if you know anyone that can repair one of these units, happy to pay for it as well.

Cheers

Hey guys, does anyone have any information on how to disassemble an Alientech Duo II unit for the MA2? Alientech is refusing to help me so I have to do this myself. My unit does not hold charge (even after charging for a full day) it cuts out mid flight, has been like this out of the box. $500 paperweight.

Or if you know anyone that can repair one of these units, happy to pay for it as well.

Cheers
Zeusfl posted awhile back. He's really helpful on this. You might contact him and he can answer your questions...

Just to kill the curiosity I open my Allientech DUO II to see what is inside and for my surprise I learned they connect the left side of the controller to the 2.4ghz side antenna and the 5.8ghz to the right side of the antenna. All that connected to 2 18650 batteries in series.

This open me the idea of using 1 Sunhans 2.4 and 5.8ghz in the same configuration with a 2.4 and 5.8 separate antenna panels. Do anybody have try this?

IMG_4586.jpg

IMG_4714.jpg

IMG_4710.jpg

IMG_4711.jpg

IMG_4718.jpg

IMG_4719.jpg

IMG_4720.jpg

Fly Safe, Fly Responsibly, Fly Smart.
Birds:
Mavic 2 Pro Fly More Combo, Mavic Air 2 Fly More Combo, Mavic Mini Fly More Combo, DJI Mini 2 Fly More Combo, DJI Smart Controller
Mods:
Allientech DUO, Allientech DUO II, Allientech Pro 5.8, 4Hawks Rapt

Thanks for the response!! I did I think he is on vacation somewhere, I just feel a little weird about Alientech, they are not responding to me anymore lol, and my unit is unsafe to use because it randomly cuts out even after a full charge. It’s left me hanging twice.

im just trying to figure out how to open it, I also want to upgrade the 18650s to higher capacity ones with the same voltage. Im in no rush though, thanks for the link Gary R

Reactions: tng7576650
Thanks for the response!! I did I think he is on vacation somewhere, I just feel a little weird about Alientech, they are not responding to me anymore lol, and my unit is unsafe to use because it randomly cuts out even after a full charge. It’s left me hanging twice.

im just trying to figure out how to open it, I also want to upgrade the 18650s to higher capacity ones with the same voltage. Im in no rush though, thanks for the link Gary R
As you are getting the random cut outs it might be a problem with the power button connection. Here's what Zeusfl posted about this:

1626755412130.png

Cheers
One screw in the back just pop open the black door and use a credit card or plastic pry tool be gentle it will open up easy

Attachments

• E4ECEBD7-E04A-48D3-BF04-0C3856392AB8.jpeg
    E4ECEBD7-E04A-48D3-BF04-0C3856392AB8.jpeg
    1.7 MB · Views: 34
  • 880CDAB7-BE6A-493B-ACAF-243D89812AD9.jpeg
    880CDAB7-BE6A-493B-ACAF-243D89812AD9.jpeg
    1.9 MB · Views: 32
  • E8601BBD-7696-4783-80D0-29EDDF7E5529.jpeg
    E8601BBD-7696-4783-80D0-29EDDF7E5529.jpeg
    1.3 MB · Views: 27
Good day, I have been looking for a thread that talks about the issues of Alientech duo II charging battery problem. Mine wont charge, there will be lights (red) but wont charge. I have contacted Alientech but they just gave me an instruction to change battery and informing me of a code 18650. I am not familiar with the exact battery though and by reading this thread I have seen or had a slight idea on how to disassemble the booster since the battery is installed inside.

Does anyone have a picture of the exact battery installed inside the Duo II? Thank you.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jack_0851