DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Alientech Pro 5.8G

stefan2211

Reactions
Hi Everyone,
I have a question to those using Alientech P5.8g on a Marvic Air. I just had my booster installed but I am disappointed about the achievement. Marvice disconnect after only 500-600 m. I tried 3 different channels (5.8) with the same result. Max. distance is set to 2000m. My stock antenna gave me around 400 m before losing signal. Afterwards I installed the 4Hawks SR (passive antenna) and achieved 1300m (all with line of sight - out to the sea). I sent my logs to Alientech and they informed me that my altitude is too low. I was flying 25-30m. I did not have such issue with 4Hawks. Anyone have similar experience with low altitude and short range? Booster is definately working since range is down to 170 m if I switch it off. Screenshot shows data after automatic RTH mode. Thanks guys.

I had tested alientech pro 5.8g over 20 times compared with stock antenna(mavic 2 pro) ,the alientech pro 5.8g only improved 100~200m distance at 80m altitude.My suggestion is to try more higher altitude to find out what is the difference.

Thanks wyl but Marvic 2 uses radio frequency Ocusync 2 right? U have an excellent range already. Marvic Air range is just poor. Of course I feel unsafe losing sight of the Air but I expected a much more stable signal once you fly behind objects or in urban area. I will try it here in Indoensia once the weather is good (no rain).

Hi Everyone,
I have a question to those using Alientech P5.8g on a Marvic Air. I just had my booster installed but I am disappointed about the achievement. Marvice disconnect after only 500-600 m. I tried 3 different channels (5.8) with the same result. Max. distance is set to 2000m. My stock antenna gave me around 400 m before losing signal. Afterwards I installed the 4Hawks SR (passive antenna) and achieved 1300m (all with line of sight - out to the sea). I sent my logs to Alientech and they informed me that my altitude is too low. I was flying 25-30m. I did not have such issue with 4Hawks. Anyone have similar experience with low altitude and short range? Booster is definately working since range is down to 170 m if I switch it off. Screenshot shows data after automatic RTH mode. Thanks guys.
View attachment 69082
Hello,
Where are you flying and which transmission strength do yo use, CE or FCC?
I fly my MA in Hungary and I changed my setting from CE to FCC and with this setup I can fly up to 3 km in ideal conditions - non obstructed, no interference and clear line of sight. In urban areas I can manage around 1 km, sometimes more, depending on the local conditions.
And I use the stock antennas by the way.

Hello,
Where are you flying and which transmission strength do yo use, CE or FCC?
I fly my MA in Hungary and I changed my setting from CE to FCC and with this setup I can fly up to 3 km in ideal conditions - non obstructed, no interference and clear line of sight. In urban areas I can manage around 1 km, sometimes more, depending on the local conditions.
And I use the stock antennas by the way.
Not bad mrcruiser lol. That could be the solution. I thought I still fly in FCC in Indonesia but I went back home to Malaysia and remember that for the first time I received the request to change wifi. So basically I must have switched to EC mode. No back here in Indonesia I hv reset to FCC and I am quiet sure there will be a change. I am here in an industrial zone with lots of interference but still had 1300 m with 4Hawks...Will try it tomorrow with FCC. I let you know. Thanks Bro...

Reactions: Shon
I installed the 4hawks SR. I have not been overly impressed. I mainly wanted to improve the latency in the video feed. I guess it improved a little, but not enough to say it was worth the time money and effort. I'm beginning to think these boosters are nothing more then snake oil. I'm going to be winter now in Australia so I think I'll just save for a MP2.

If you're going non boosted on an M1 or M2, I suggest trying a reflector before upgrading antenna only (non boosted)

Only one antenna is needed so an extra wide reflector can be fitted. Left side on M1, right side on M2.

I'm glad if I could help?. The MA always ask me too if I would like to switch the wlan settings according to my current location. You have to remember not to?
Bro, just tried it..................FCC and managed 1600m .. Did not dare to go further as the wind was too strong out at the sea and I was worried that I have to fight my way back meter by meter and run into low battery. So right now I am quite happy since there is high interference. Need to try urban area next. Enjoy yr weekend and happy flying.......

I only used 4Hawks which is just a passive antenna and Alientech. I am happy with Alientech as I seldom hv lost signal. A range of 1500 m with stabil signal is all I need. I hv to say that I am using my MA in an industrial area with lots of interference and heavy industry. I can comment on other boosters.
Newby here. Ok so what is the overall best signal booster for dji mp2?

I bought the same Alientech pro 5.8 and works good out to about 8-9000 fee but my problem is once it drops signal even forthe slightest, it is GONE till the bird RTH and is within 12-1500 ft from home then signal is regained. I contacted alientech and they did not give me a solution. This system was a total waste of 500.oo!!!!

That can happen on a stock M2. Try it without the booster.
I bought the same Alientech pro 5.8 and works good out to about 8-9000 fee but my problem is once it drops signal even forthe slightest, it is GONE till the bird RTH and is within 12-1500 ft from home then signal is regained. I contacted alientech and they did not give me a solution. This system was a total waste of 500.oo!!!!

Reactions: Jasontindal
I have a DJI Mavic 2 Pro and I was interested about this ALIENTECH booster, thee are plenty here but no one here has given me any idea about this product and what it can really do, they just say, “it’s good”. I am in a mess, I don’t really know whether I should buy it or not....

So which one do u guys think is better for m2 alientech or 4hawks?

I bought the 4 hawks XR for my mavic 2 pro and really didn’t see a lot of difference so t just ordered the switch from Titan drones with the omnidirectional antennas and gonna try them out
I second that. I had 4Hawks XR - and the gains were minimal. I'm close to 3 cell towers (w/2 mi radius), regional airport (4-5 mi), and residential area with all houses running wifi. I expected XR to moderately help improve signal strength - but that didn't happen - and furthermore, the 4Hawks XR is really big - making it very difficult to carry around.

I just switched to Alientech Pro Duo 2.4G & 5.8G - haven't flown it yet - plan on doing so this week. Will post update on results.

Reactions: itsneedtokno

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mavic 3 classic User