DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Alientech Signal Booster for MA2

Gary R

Reactions
I just came across this on the Alientech site. It has no installation instructions up yet but should be up in a few days.....

Looks like one might have to get deep into the RC to install the bracket.

Attachments

• Alientech MA2 RE1.jpg
    Alientech MA2 RE1.jpg
    21.1 KB · Views: 148
  • Alientech MA2 RE2.jpg
    Alientech MA2 RE2.jpg
    22 KB · Views: 145
Last edited:
Reactions: gb160
I'd be interested to see the real-world results of using this.
The problem as I see it is the stock battery is the limiting factor.

Reactions: Gary R
I just came across this on the Alientech site. It has no installation instructions up yet but should be up in a few days.....

Alientech puts out great boosters, just recently installed one to my Evo 2 Pro but it was the Alientech Pro booster setup.

This particular one from your link is antenna setup only, no amplifier. Still, the antenna range extender minus amplifier may still probably increase signal transmission. It would need the Pro model to increase it even more.

With Mavic Air 2 stock setup, that’s plenty you may not need the range extender minus amplifier. If I was to go out and do the mod on my Mavic Air 2, I’d go all out and add the Alientech Pro amplifier setup. It’s very lightweight, probably the best amplifier out there for its size. Plus, User can change out amplifier setup and change to whip or other antennas in a few seconds If flying in an area user doesn’t need amplifiers.

I can actually use the Alientech Pro amplifier setup with the Mavic Air 2 if I mount another set on connectors to Air 2 controller, but will only be limited to 2.4 GHz manual. Same GHz as Evo 2 Pro. Alientech does have an amplifier model with both 2.4 and 5 GHz, but I’m not too familiar with that model.

When I added the Alientech Pro amplifier to the Evo 2 controller, that extra boost added a much stronger transmission signal to the Evo 2 controller. Now, the Evo 2 Pro surpasses my Mavic 2 Pros transmission signal. Not by much, but enough to notice the Evo 2 Pro transmission signal is stronger than Occusync 2.

Good luck, I’m sure eventually we’ll be seeing members adding the Alientech Pro to there Mavic Air 2.

They are nice, and easy to install.
Paul

27599340-ED0B-4D4F-BDE5-0CDD6D103CDA.jpegEC46F0D5-40B7-4FFA-8A22-DF79D8D49B1C.jpegC9A958D3-224A-4909-AA63-E4EF05170650.jpeg

Last edited:
I'd be interested to see the real-world results of using this.
The problem as I see it is the stock battery is the limiting factor.
Yes, agreed.

It might be a good addition for those that are getting high interference in their areas. I've used Alientech and 4Hawks antennas on my minis and Spark with good results.

It might also be an option for Android users in a CE area that the Fake GPS hack won't work (Yet) on the MA2.

I'm concerned about the depth of invasion into the RC for the bracket installation.. Hopefully it won't be too difficult....

Time will tell...

Ocusync 2.0 is already the best solution you can get, I wouldn't waste money or time on on an amplified solution for the MA2.
You may get a marginal improvement but you could also get a negative outcome

Even if you could increase the range you won't have the battery capacity to take advantage of it.

Last edited:
Tend to think the on,y real benefit is the potential reduction in interference ..as you say with a drone that goes for about 12km how far do you really need something to go ?

I have the Alientech 2.4G Pro for my Mavic Mini. It easily extends the range of the CE version to over 2 km. However most importantly it vastly improves the signal strength when flying VLOS. I have never lost the signal since installing it therefore no unwanted RTH.

I have the Alientech 2.4G Pro for my Mavic Mini. It easily extends the range of the CE version to over 2 km. However most importantly it vastly improves the signal strength when flying VLOS. I have never lost the signal since installing it therefore no unwanted RTH.
To get the booster to work on the Mini do you need the booster and an amplifier?

flying in fog absorbs/degrades signal strength, same with signal path through trees and buildings.

ma2

my house is surrounded by 125 foot fir trees. I can't fly to a neighbors only 1000 foot away, and land...........too many trees in the way

Ocusync 2.0 is already the best solution you can get, I wouldn't waste money or time on on an amplified solution for the MA2.
You may get a marginal improvement but you could also get a negative outcome

Even if you could increase the range you won't have the battery capacity to take advantage of it.
It’s just a range extender, it’s not changing the wireless protocol type (ocusync or WiFi for example).

Reactions: Dmascot
It’s just a range extender, it’s not changing the wireless protocol type (ocusync or WiFi for example).

Agreed, I was referring to it as an extender which sometimes adds to the range to the 10km range but I don’t see this as necessary.

Maybe a silly question but how do you turn the booster on. I know there's a button that I press and I beeps rapidly then stops and appears to turn off. Am I missing something and yes batterys are fully charged.
Thanks in advance.

I live in a urban area and get about 1,5km range with a MA2. Do anybody have any experience of how much this extender will increase the range?
I seriously consider buying this... :-/
Another question; Is it better to get the amplifier, and if so, the 5,8Ghz or 2,4GHz?

Last edited:

How difficult was the install?

How difficult was the install?

If your going to mod the controller and void the warranty you might as well go for the amplified panel
The biggest challenge is the antenna IPX connector, when you remove and reattach them, sometimes they come off the core board.

Last edited:
If your going to mod the controller ad void the warranty you might as well go for the amplified panel
The biggest challenge is the antenna IPX connector, when you remove and reattach them, sometimes they come of the core board.

Anybody who is seriously considering this mod needs to watch the video. I watched it just to see what the inside of the controller looked like, but noticed there were several areas of grave caution -

2:18 make sure you do not stick the flat head screwdriver too far into the remote control as there are electronics that can be damaged by doing this

2:38 do not tear the remote control two halves apart forcefully because there are still connectors on the inside of the remote that are still connected and that will be broken if you pull too hard

Caution, caution, caution, ...

9:49 Now we are going to push our ipex connectors onto the circuit board in the back half of the remote. Take care also in doing this as if you go on at any angle other than straight up and down, you will ruin the board and it will be damaged.

That's not really true ... I run into trouble getting much more than a 1/2 mile around here sometimes. More than enough battery to get much further, but the signal is inconsistent at best. If this would alleviate even a little bit of those signal drops and massively limited ranges, it would be worth it.

That's not really true ... I run into trouble getting much more than a 1/2 mile around here sometimes. More than enough battery to get much further, but the signal is inconsistent at best. If this would alleviate even a little bit of those signal drops and massively limited ranges, it would be worth it.

Report back to us when you get it and test it out

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
valter123