DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Alientech, Titan, Nanosync, 4HAWKs. Which for 2019?

Which of the Following Antennae would you rate the Wisest Solution. Please Elaborate :)

• Total voters

MavicFT1P

Reactions
Hi
I'm having my Mavic Pro controller modded to accept a Nanosync.
It has scored high marks with a lot of Members (Perhaps for it's form factor).
I've just been told they are on Backorder.

I'm told the modded controller will allow me access to all or most of these systems

So for those in the know. Which of these Antenna Brand/Systems would you rate the highest for

- Performance
- Value for Money
- Quality, Reliability
- Future alterations, boosting

Signal is paramount, But Value for Money is big aswell

There are only a couple of blokes here that have tested a range of systems and could give a unbiased opinion. I have voted the titan system, but only because that’s the system I have and love it. But can’t really rank it against the others as I haven’t used them.
I use the titan tactical system

• Wow
Reactions: WAXMAN
Same here, Titan Switch; can’t speak for other systems.

There are only a couple of blokes here that have tested a range of systems and could give a unbiased opinion. I have voted the titan system, but only because that’s the system I have and love it. But can’t really rank it against the others as I haven’t used them.
I use the titan tactical system

Titan Tactical, Wow. If i got paid quarterly, that's probably what id have.

heard nothing but good things about the 'Switch'.
I wonder if it's heavy with mavic controller?

I like the alientech Pro. but there website (funny translation) doesn't instill faith in me dropping
that much money with them

I like the alientech Pro. but there website (funny translation) doesn't instill faith in me dropping
Yea same. I see they have a the mod kit for smart controller, but a bit unsure about them. Waiting for Titan Drones to get theirs out

Reactions: MavicFT1P

Not much, the weight is manageable. If flying for long periods then I would suggest a lanyard.

Reactions: Freedom 1
I got the MaxxMod just before they went out of business :confused: Haven't had any issues with it. I kind of figure if I do, I have the connectors on my remote to attach another system if necessary. Never had a weak signal.

Hi
I'm having my Mavic Pro controller modded to accept a Nanosync.
It has scored high marks with a lot of Members (Perhaps for it's form factor).
I've just been told they are on Backorder.

I'm told the modded controller will allow me access to all or most of these systems

So for those in the know. Which of these Antenna Brand/Systems would you rate the highest for

- Performance
- Value for Money
- Quality, Reliability
- Future alterations, boosting

Signal is paramount, But Value for Money is big aswell

I have a Nanosync for sale.

The alientech works great for me. I also have the nanosync setup that gets good range when boosted. Unboosted nanosync more that doubled my stock range. It is a nice lightweight setup unboosted if you are not flying miles away. The alientech looks much better though, with the amps internal, than the boosted nanosync.

Jeff

Attachments

• 20190406_175009.jpg
    20190406_175009.jpg
    5.9 MB · Views: 172
  • 20190406_175039.jpg
    20190406_175039.jpg
    5.2 MB · Views: 160
Sent you a PM Jeff.
So the Alientech IS boosted in that one panel, nice.

Not much, the weight is manageable. If flying for long periods then I would suggest a lanyard.

Got a single hook, though in truth I usually plonk my *** flying DJI.
Not a fitness thing, just sunlight off the tablet, etc.
FPV is different story

thought i would test the 3 birds on different systems this afternoon as i had a bit of spare time
# flights same environment and one after another so conditions pretty well identical. All flights at 400ft
Flew until video started to drop out. Im sure i could have pushed a bit, but kept it safe and simple

Also im flying in Australia so stuck with CE

Mavic 1 - Gen 1 Mavic - unmodded - 2.2Km
Mavic 2 - Gen 1 Mavic - Boosted Titan tactical - 3.5km
Mavic 3 - Mav Pro 2 - Unmodified Smart Controller - 2.95km

mavs (1 of 1).jpg

thought i would test the 3 birds on different systems this afternoon as i had a bit of spare time
# flights same environment and one after another so conditions pretty well identical. All flights at 400ft
Flew until video started to drop out. Im sure i could have pushed a bit, but kept it safe and simple

Also im flying in Australia so stuck with CE

Mavic 1 - Gen 1 Mavic - unmodded - 2.2Km
Mavic 2 - Gen 1 Mavic - Boosted Titan tactical - 3.5km
Mavic 3 - Mav Pro 2 - Unmodified Smart Controller - 2.95km

View attachment 68862

That's some setup & collection Jack. Thanks for sharing :)
like the Red Mav1. Red is the fastest with cars and drones

The unmodded is close to what i can get for a Town?, at 400 ft.
The Titan got about %150+ signal, which is basically my expectations
Using the SC with Ocusync gets Mav2 a bit more I guess.

Only time i can past 3.5 is at the Coast or in High country. would be grinning with that setup at these locale

Im pretty close to ordering the switch. I don't think anyone can say it's no the equal of anything available.
Only want to spend money once.

Im FCC here. Can I ask someone if you can use alternate frequencies, such as 2.33 or 2.57 with a modded setup?

It's not my plan to. I dont want to feel the need. But i have experimented with the boost app out of frustration.
2.57 was a slight improvment in the city, but my controller would wig out.

Have 2 controllers for my Mavic Pro... 1 unmodded and the other Titan modded, no complaints and am very happy the Titan gear..... no regrets.
PS..... I also have the Titan whips and use them often as well and am happy with them too.

Have 2 controllers for my Mavic Pro... 1 unmodded and the other Titan modded, no complaints and am very happy the Titan gear..... no regrets.
PS..... I also have the Titan whips and use them often as well and am happy with them too.

I was just about to ask about the whips vs the panel.

The website has a build your own switch feature, where you can omit or include the whips as with the panel antenna.
Even choose the length of the antennae. Pretty neat

5dbi Antennae vs 9dbi for the panel. Does anyone have experience with both? Preference perhaps

Sorry for so many Q, but am close to investing in it

I have the Alientech and bought from the website. Only problem was 5 weeks shipment time... three of which were getting through customs in LA. Installation vid was easy to follow. Tested it in the AZ desert to almost 4 miles out and still had full signal. 13dbi signal. Makes me confident in crowded airwaves of urban areas. Quick detach for easy storage/transport... 2 thumbscrews. I love it.

Use PayPal if your uneasy sending money... I always use it for online purchases.

Last edited:
Reactions: Jeffm912
What are you flying? 2.4 or 5.8?
I have the Alientech and bought from the website. Only problem was 5 weeks shipment time... three of which were getting through customs in LA. Installation vid was easy to follow. Tested it in the AZ desert to almost 4 miles out and still had full signal. 13dbi signal. Makes me confident in crowded airwaves of urban areas. Quick detach for easy storage/transport... 2 thumbscrews. I love it.

Use PayPal if your uneasy sending money... I always use it for online purchases.

The website has a build your own switch feature, where you can omit or include the whips as with the panel antenna.

5dbi Antennae vs 9dbi for the panel. Does anyone have experience with both? Preference perhaps

I have both 5 and 9dbi whips with the switch; just the whips alone differentiates greatly not being amped/boosted, even more so in FCC mode. However, the 9dbi whips are cumbersome but I love the range.

If funds allow, try the car kit; gives about the same range and eliminate drone talk from by standers.

Options (kit capable of multitasking) is key if you are going to spend money.

Last edited:

Yes.... the whips are great too, compact and light yet still give excellent performance not to mention a reasonable price... I highly recommend grabbing the length of your choice if you can swing the extra $50 or so.... you wouldn’t regret it.
Should also add.... James at Titan is excellent to work with, customer service is top notch which to me also justifies buying from Titan.... contact James directly let him know your flying requirements and he will hook you up.

Last edited:
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
J S