DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Align horizon on DaVinci Resolve

glx_mavic

Reactions
Hi everybody!

Currently editing my first movie. One of my problems here is about the horizon alignment on the clips.

Last monday I shoot a lot of footage. Gimbal was well calibrated and aligned. The weather was sunny but it was windy. So, in the middle of some clips, the horizon looks a bit misaligned. I think is because of the winds.

Now, I´d like to align them on DaVinci Resolve 16. I´ve tried to create an Adjustment Clip to rotate the misaligned parts, but it´s looking too strange for me.

How do you solve it? The clip starts and the horizon is well aligned but suddenly the horizon starts to get misaligned.

I would put a key frame at each point you wish to change the rotation and then make the changes using the inspectot. Easier to do than explain

You'll need to crop in the shots that need to be aligned to above black spaces where the rotation occurs as well.

Usually though the offset on M2 is not noticeable enough by most other than ourselves to bother adjusting in post.

Thank you, guys. I solved the problem creating keyframes, rotating a bit and cropping the clip.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kclarke2929