DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

All I can say is "Wow"!

Anthony Viscomi

Reactions
I received my Crystalsky 7.85 UB yesterday along with the DJI Mavic/Spark mount. My 1st impressions are WOW! I have not had a chance to take it out in direct sunlight yet, but using it at dusk I had to actually turn down the brightness. As far as the mount goes, IMO DJI did a GREAT job engineering this and the quality is A1.

upload_2017-12-31_8-37-28.png

Christmas gift to self? I agree, my friend has one and it's amazing and lasts a long time on the battery.
Nah not Xmas gift to self, I was just waiting for a little price drop. I'm somewhat of a techie/gadget guy and always tend the buy the "latest & greatest" in technology. I assume it has something to do with my 25+ years in IT.

Christmas gift to self? I agree, my friend has one and it's amazing and lasts a long time on the battery.
Who would that be? ;) At home I have to keep the brightness all the way down. The minimum brightness is really bright at night and just right during the day. And of course max brightness is more than sufficient in the direct sunlight.

Reactions: Former Member
Who would that be? ;) At home I have to keep the brightness all the way down. The minimum brightness is really bright at night and just right during the day. And of course max brightness is more than sufficient in the direct sunlight.
Bright sunny/snowy day today, thus I'm going to take it outside.

I just spent the last hour or so flying outside in direct sunlight, froze my *** off. The CS UB was as bright as if I was flying at dusk. Great investment if you can swing the $ and are a avid flyer/pilot.

Killer, own a mavic, fly everyday, where did you buy , how much , and is there a certain version ???

Hard core drone pilot. I hear it's 18° up there.
When I was still up north I flew in lower temperatures to capture some great snowy terrain footage. By the time I landed my fingers were frozen and I ended up pulling the wrong stick down. That's when I backed my Mavic into a tree and it nosedived into a snowy rock.

So, what's your honest opinion about the crystal sky mount on the Mavic RC? It looks a little odd with the screen below the remote control, how is it to hold? Can you easily reach the RC controls with the 7.85 screen?
I'm in Hong Kong in and picking up my CS 7.85 UB on Tuesday. I'm up in the air regarding the mount; i'm also thinking of the MavMount.

Just got the bigger ultra myself using the mav-mount. Today I tried putting the monitor under as if I had the Dji mount.
Can say the bigger screen and the narrower control wouldn’t work for me, felt really unusable. Sticks were way to the inside of the screen assembly.
Smaller screen model would be fine.
I’m up here in Oregon and can say it is usable in bright sun but wasn’t as great as I had hoped. I can now fly without that stupid hoods-man brand sun shade I paid 70 bucks for. Think I’ll still get some kind of sun shade anyway, just much smaller and simpler than hoods man brand.

Ty is there a cheaper one that works as good?

No, there is nothing in the same league at the moment that can put out 2000 nits of brightness consistently.
You'll notice the CS has a huge battery, compared to other tablets to achieve this.

So, what's your honest opinion about the crystal sky mount on the Mavic RC? It looks a little odd with the screen below the remote control, how is it to hold? Can you easily reach the RC controls with the 7.85 screen?
I'm in Hong Kong in and picking up my CS 7.85 UB on Tuesday. I'm up in the air regarding the mount; i'm also thinking of the MavMount.

The mavmount mount makes it a heavier combination, even though I own a mavmount I use the DJI mount, the larger Ultra is not bad with the smaller mavic and spark controllers , you just hold the corners of the ultra with your palms and your fingers fall nicely on the control sticks.

The CS is already quite hefty itself and the mavmount is over engineered with the heavy ball head.
Also the mavmount is not that compact compared to the DJI mount, which allows you to pack the CS away still connected to the controller

The DJI mounts are great when you want to swap the CS quickly from one controller to another, which I can do with my CS Ultra and 5.5 from the P4P to the Mavic, MPP and Spark without having to uscrew etc. However it's a bit expensive having DJI mounts for each controller.

Last edited:
Reactions: The Ghost
Lannes, thanks for the inpformation. Looking forward to getting the CS UB!

Last edited:
Have the screen below the RC is a non issue for me because that's how I flew with my iPad mini. Though as other have stated, the CS is a little heavy, thus the center of balance is more to the CS end.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rarmstrong2580