DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

All New TRIPLTEK 8 Inch PRO. 1200 nits

Jagerbomb52

Reactions
Lighter and thinner than the 7 inch, the TRIPLTEK 8 is keeping its signature display brightness and durability, adding more storage memory, a larger battery, better display resolution, smartphone calls capability, waterproof protection IP68, among other things you will love to discover.

Ultra-High Resolution Display 2560x1600 pixels, Android 10 , 8GB RAM 256GB Storage , Smartphone capabilities 4G LTE.

Long-lasting 12,200 mAh battery

This entire notion of a tack on unit to a drone controller seems Archaic and Neanderthal. DJI was on the right track, a 1000 nit 5.5" controller; but Autel got it right, a 2000 nit 8" controller.

Reactions: Atkas and RobW01
This entire notion of a tack on unit to a drone controller seems Archaic and Neanderthal. DJI was on the right track, a 1000 nit 5.5" controller; but Autel got it right, a 2000 nit 8" controller.
The Autel Smart Controller and even the reliable DJI Smart Controller is a great choice for many but for me the Tripltek is the only way to go.... I fly Autel, DJI, Skydio and Parrot.... The Tripltek mounts quickly to each one of my four controllers and gets the job done. It makes me more future proof and allows for easier use of third party software.

Tripltek - only 1200 nits ... not enough for daylight - you still need a shield of some sort. 2000 or even 2500 nits, please.

ps SaladShooter - I see your point. Just wish it were brighter. The DJI SC at 1000 nits is just too dim in full sun. 1200 isn't much improvement. But the 8 vs 5 inch display difference, well, yeah, I'm jealous.

The DJI SC at 1000 nits is just too dim in full sun. 1200 isn't much improvement.
I agree with you... overall the Tripltek is plenty bright but with the screen protector it comes with installed its too dim in direct sun and without the screen protector, reflections make it hard to see. I have a Hoodman iPad mini monitor hood that works well with it.... but most of the time I can find enough shade to hide in while flying. I don't like standing in the sun anyway.

The beauty of the Tripltek is that i can use it across the five drones that i have. it leaves the CS for dead in that i can add programs as required.
Regards

Reactions: clgreen and MA2 317
I did bye mine just for drone flying but after getting it I also use it for GPS programs and tracking when I am out in the bush fishing or hunting. Its rugged and pretty much water proof. And it actually makes a pretty darn good tablet around the home. LOL
A tad expensive but you get what you pay for.
Glad I bought it. Do I wish I had the new one, sure but I am happy with the Tripltek 7 inch.

Last edited:
Reactions: Gagey52 and Gary R
Um, except that model 1 only works with the 1st gen of the Evo2, and model 2 is not backwards compatible. At least DJI has made the SC compatible with all its current consumer drones.

Hello guys

Here is a video of the New TRIPLTEK 8 PRO. At the end of the video, you can see a comparison with the 7 PRO

Reactions: Alky1229
Yes. A tad larger but skinnier.
Thanks, that is what I figured, but the way the video progressed it appeared that it was showing the T7 toward the end then brought the T8 in to compare size. Didn’t make sense to be showing T7 capabilities in a video about the T8.

I got my 7” pro only two weeks ago for $Au1000 so I’m a little miffed that i didn’t get a heads up that there was a new model on the horizon but that said, the new model is $400 more down here and it has the same amount of RAM, as far as I can tell the same or at least no greatly more powerful CPU and the only significant changes being the bigger higher def screen and the bigger battery. I suspect that the bigger screen will largely offset the larger battery and as I only use it to operate drones I’m not too disappointed in the lower screen resolution. I would hope that the 7” pro will get an android 10 upgrade in due course.

On the plus side so far I’ve used it with Go4, DJI Fly, Litchi, Pix4dcapture and the chasing app with my gladius mini out on the water without a single one of the draw backs and problems that caused me to sell my smart controller (don’t even get me started on the CS). It’s bright enough in most situations, like Saladshooter I use a Hoodman that I had for my iPad mini in extreme conditions like at sea with great results. Remembering that 2000nits is around 20% brighter than 1200nits and you’d need 4800nits to be twice as bright to the human eye I think either of the Pro models is the best option currently available for me with commercial operations which require various software packages that the SC and CS struggle with or don’t support.

As the leaks for the Smart Controller 2 which is expected to ship with the Pro 3 show it retains the same 5.5” 1000nit screen as the original I’m thinking I’ll probably be staying with the Tripltek. I’ll need a backup device so I suppose I’ll have to justify an 8” pro to “she who must be obeyed” sometime soon ?

Reactions: clgreen and Gagey52
Tripltek - only 1200 nits ... not enough for daylight - you still need a shield of some sort. 2000 or even 2500 nits, please.

ps SaladShooter - I see your point. Just wish it were brighter. The DJI SC at 1000 nits is just too dim in full sun. 1200 isn't much improvement. But the 8 vs 5 inch display difference, well, yeah, I'm jealous.
I fly with the Tripltek 7" 1200 nits here in Arizona "the surface of the Sun" and you're right.. it's not perfect but I can still see what the drone sees and since I'm flying VLOS, I'm not spending alot of time staring at the display anyway. Rumors are the new SC will only be 1000 nits like the current SC. That is disappointing! We'll have to wait and see once all the Mavic 3 clickbait is proven right or wrong.

There's a 2000 nit display out there ... and it'll plug into the HDMI of the Smart Controller- but you have to ask, why didn't DJI just put that monitor into the SC in the first place. Nothing wrong having two products: bright and bigger+brighter.

There's a 2000 nit display out there ... and it'll plug into the HDMI of the Smart Controller- but you have to ask, why didn't DJI just put that monitor into the SC in the first place. Nothing wrong having two products: bright and bigger+brighter.
OriginalDobo made a video of this exact setup. it's from May 2019 but here it is.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
swigmofa