DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

All updates completed for Mini 3 Pro

Daybreak98

Operator
Premium Pilot
Reactions
Finally installed all updates available.
DJI RC controller updated.
Flying database updated.
DJI Mini 3 Pro updated
DJI intelligent flight battery updated
2 x DJI intelligent flight battery plus updated

Updated inside with a fan directed at Mini 3 to keep things cool while updating each battery.

First flight distance was around 3400ft away, approx 80ft altitude. Signal started getting flaky, was able to raise up to around 150ft, and was solid again, and came back closer. 😁

Last edited:
Reactions: Torque
3400 ft is a respectable distance and I usually don't fly much beyond 1600 ft. I did fly my Mini 2 one time over the lake, about 40-50 ft high 5,400 ft before turning it around. It could have gone further, but all that was beyond was open water and it wasn't a distance challenge. I suspect the Mini 3 will have a bit better range.

Just the other day I found fully foliaged trees are a real signal killer. I was flying out over a golf course with a big ol tree with lots of branches and leaves right to the side of me with another similar tree on the other side with a "v" between them to watch my drone. The RC signal started losing stength much earlier than I would have thought. So I flew it back, then past me in the other direction while I was standing in front of a building. The solid building had no effect on RC strength and I only stopped from going further over a shopping center because I didn't want to cross a busy thoroughfare during rush hour. I found it interesting that a couple trees cut the RC signal more than brick and mortar.

Reactions: Torque
I pushed mine a little yesterday to 7200ft out. I live rural and have virtually nothing between where I control from and where I flew to. Signal was just starting to drop. I was wanting to see the new construction of a Military memorial at the fair grounds up the road. Elevation was approx 100ft. I have to guess because I take off from a ridge and the ground drops immediately.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kmikebennett