DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Alligator Alley Mavic

jmorse62

Reactions
Looking for someone with a boat that is looking to make a few bucks. My drone is across the channel near one of the recreation areas. No way to get there without boat. Will meet you there, have pretty precise location from my electronics.
Thanks.

It is right near the edge, no need to get out of the boat in the brush.

Near the Everglades right next to I75, easy boat ramp right there. About 500 feet from recreation area.

Reactions: Johnnyaibo
If it's a popular boat ramp I'd just go hang out and wait for someone to launch that doesn't look like they are in too much of a hurry and offer them beer money to run you over to it, or borrow a canoe and paddle over to it, if the Gaters don't look too hungry... ;)

Thanks for the suggestions. I found a nice fisherman who knew his way around. The Mavic was recovered and is undamaged, plus I have some pretty good video.
That's awesome! Glad you got it back undamaged. That's one of my fav spots to fly, and I didn't see your post until today, was going to offer to jet ski to it, lol.

Reactions: jmorse62
Bingo! Now next question.. how did you manage to land it there and why?

I was taking sime video of an alligator and backed into the sawgrass next to the channel. First I tried with a tiny inflatable boat but there was a few gators around, one was about 6 feet. I didn't find it and then saw a massive snake that was black and as big around as my forearm. That ended the day. Two days later I went back and found that boat to help.

Hi @jmorse62 any chance we could see the footage of the alligator?

Nice. Thanks for sharing.

This is a vid I shot when I first got the mavic. I didn't know anything about editing at that point. It was probably about a 7' gator.

Skip ahead past the takeoff and landing part. Sorry.

wow! in hungary we have just deers, wild boars, roe deers, mouflons and mice. thanks god for it :)

Reactions: frankiez
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
J S