DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Allow Camera 30 Degrees Above Horizontal

Grizzo

Reactions
I set this setting to on during flight but when I fly again the next day it sometimes turns itself off again. I want it on all the time.

I set this setting to on during flight but when I fly again the next day it sometimes turns itself off again. I want it on all the time.

If you changed any firmware or updated the app the settings can be off.

Same problem, so I've added that to my pre-flight checklist.

Interesting... I turned on the +30° option a year ago when I got my Mavic, and it has remained on. I am running older f/w & s/w - which may have something to do with it.

Reactions: Kilrah
Please explain what the +30 function does, thnks!

It allows the camera to rotate up past level by 30 degrees. Great for if you are filming something that is really tall or much higher than you can go with your drone. The downside is you will get props etc in the shot if you are moving forward with the gimbal pitched up.

Please explain what the +30 function does, thnks!

1. If you like to include lots of sky and clouds in your landscapes, like I do, the +30 is a fabulous feature.
2. If you love doing +30 to -90 tilts in your movies, and vice versa....
3. Caveat #1: you will need to fly without a lens shade to get the full +30 -- I'm more than willing to make the tradeoff.
4. Caveat #2: the props will show IF you fly in Sport mode or into a strong headwind, both of which cause the aircraft's pitch to change to bring the front props down and into the field of view; I rarely see the with normal flying.
5. Looking up is a nice variation for "Drone portraits" done in normal landscape view, as they make the model appear taller

IMO the +30 and the 2.0X electronic zoom are two of the most important features of the Mavic Pro.

To add to my original question. Ive noticed the camera allowing/ not allowing tilt up above horizontal changing during the same flight for no apparant reason.
Anyone else notice this or know why?

To add to my original question. Ive noticed the camera allowing/ not allowing tilt up above horizontal changing during the same flight for no apparant reason. Anyone else notice this or know why?

Since I began the habit of verifying ALL my settings prior to my first launch of the day -- requires about 5 minutes of battery -- I haven't noticed this.

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Corbo2000