DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Almost flyaway ?

Mako

Reactions
So i did a test flight today with my ND filter
it was kinda windy so I did not go high Altitude, What I did was Hover around 60m to test the camera and it was in GPS mode

4 minutes after flight the MPP drifting away without me touching any control and it shows me in P mode GPS, I looked at my screen I still have signal and it's kept moving away
I try to push stick forward and its not coming forward and I have VLOS

I flipped to sports mode and thankfully I gained control and it did come back

I did Compass Calibration and IMU before my flight
Checked for Strong Interference before take off
I flew DJI series Phantom and Inspire and this is my first encounter with such behaviour with MPP

What went wrong? Please help me to understand, Here's my logs
Some advise/Insight is appreciated

DJI Flight Log Viewer - PhantomHelp.com

Airdata UAV - Flight Data Analysis for Drones

Video when it was drifted, I switched to sports mode at 00:08

Reactions: Boxer4K
Easy one. Flying in excessive wind.

You did exactly the right thing. It flies faster in sport mode so you got it back.

This happened to me yesterday. My return flight had a max speed of 19mph in sport so yea.

I've posted in DJI Forum and DJI Thor asked me to email support with the DAT file which I did
and here is the reply I received

Thank you for contacting DJI Technical Support.

Flying a drone must be exciting. Thank you for taking the time to communicate to us why our services did not meet your expectation. We have every desire to address your needs and provide the best solution available to resolve your issue as soon as possible.

We highly suggest for you to send your unit to our facility for assessment. To make the repair process easier and more convenient, we created an Online Repair Request system for you. After filling out the online forms you will receive a case number.

Does this mean I received a Lemon and I need to send for repair in less than 10 days I received my brand new MPP ?
If it's faulty rather than sending for repair can I return the drone back and get my money back?

I would prefer to have something brand new without a fault rather than buying something new for money I spent and sending it for repair to get it work, I would feel as $ i paid for I considered for a refurbished unit

Can you post the DAT here? Where did you buy it from? You would have to check their return policy.

I purchased directly from DJI

I've uploaded it here
DJI_ASSISTANT_EXPORT_FILE_2017-11-11_01-37-40.DAT
This doesn't contain a flight; just stuff related to the vision system. Can you try again with the DJI Assistant 2 and select more flights? Your incident analysis professionals can pick through the resulting DJI_ASSISTANT_EXPORT_FILEXXXX.DAT to get the right FLYXXX.DAT file.

I did this with DJI Assistant
it only give me option to tick vision
I saw the some video how to get the Dat file and it has Flight + Vision but apparently mine only shows vision

I did this with DJI Assistant
it only give me option to tick vision
I saw the some video how to get the Dat file and it has Flight + Vision but apparently mine only shows vision
What is the Mavic Firmware version. And, what DJI Assistant 2 version are you using?

Assistant version 1.1.6, Aircraft on firmware ending 0021
I'm not familiar with any FW versions ending 0021. Could you use the DJI Go App to determine the full spec for the FW version number? If it's an older FW then you might want to try using DJI Assistant 2 version 1.1.0.

Attached the firmware version, It's the latest
My Firmware list looks like this
upload_2017-11-12_11-45-20.png

Why does your FW versions list look different? In particular it seems your list has "internal" FW versions that I've never heard of. I'm guessing maybe you're a beta tester?

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gadget61