DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Almost lost my MM due code 110007 (battery error)

Ducatinus

Reactions
Today I flew the mini. Suddenly I got a code 110007 error and after that a weak GPS/Compass error.

Changed automatic to attitude mode. Managed to get it back home with no GPS and sensors.
When landed I noticed that the battery latch was not closed completely. What has happened?

Mini has flown for about 8hours since I bought it last month.
Battery's charged around 11 times each (bought a combo)
Would be strange if the GPS issue is related to the latch not closed?
Is this some kind of FW bug?

Flights after that no problems. Not know what to expect in the future?

My data:

YT video

Also posted it on the DJI forum.

Today I flew the mini. Suddenly I got a code 110007 error and after that a weak GPS/Compass error.

Changed automatic to attitude mode. Managed to get it back home with no GPS and sensors.
When landed I noticed that the battery latch was not closed completely. What has happened?

My data:

YT video

Not sure on everything you ask, but if the battery latch was open I’d watch the battery for swelling.

This combination of errors has been reported twice before on this forum - a battery communication error leading to loss of GPS positioning and a switch to ATTI. The exact cause has not been identified as far as I'm aware.

Can you check if the mobile device DAT file ending FLY079.DAT is still in the MCDatFlightRecords directory?

Reactions: Capt KO
No signs on battery swelling. Think i forget to close the latch properly before take off. Pilot error
Will try to retrieve the .DAT files for you.
Thanks in advance.

This combination of errors has been reported twice before on this forum - a battery communication error leading to loss of GPS positioning and a switch to ATTI. The exact cause has not been identified as far as I'm aware.

Can you check if the mobile device DAT file ending FLY079.DAT is still in the MCDatFlightRecords directory?
No files in that directory.
Found a lot of other files in the DJI directory
Is that of any use?1.JPG

No files in that directory.
Found a lot of other files in the DJI directory
Is that of any use?View attachment 98126

You already provided the txt log, which is the third file in that list. I was just hoping to get a look at the DAT log for one of these events. Unfortunately the DJI Fly app appears to delete them as soon as the flight is synced with the DJI cloud servers.

You already provided the txt log, which is the third file in that list. I was just hoping to get a look at the DAT log for one of these events. Unfortunately the DJI Fly app appears to delete them as soon as the flight is synced with the DJI cloud servers.
OK, well i reported the error to DJI.
Also for guarantee reasons.
lets hope they can look in too the files. Will try this battery on low altitude an with plenty of room to safley land again

Got an very automated answer from DJI. Not sure if they seen my videos and read my email?

Sollution should be to drain the battery and charge it again. And see if the error still is present.

To be sure i am buying care refresh now...

18650 cells as used for MM batteries cannot swell, only LiPo batteries can.
I guess either the battery was not fully inserted and locked (which would explain why the door was open) or there is a contact problem with the communication pins. So check both the contacts at battery and MM side for dirt and try to clean them.

Thanks for the answers. Can't figure out why GPS fails. This is a major issue and should never occure. Is my MM still save to fly and what about liability?

There are more reports on this issue with the MM. DJI should investigate this

Got an answer from DJI. Standard automated answer that i had to discharge and charge battery. Replyed that this was not the solution. After that i think the read the e-mail and got questions because they want to download the logs. I have no damage (only 4 props) but is could have been much worse. Failing GPS due an battery error should not be possible. Maybe an serious firmware bug?

So today it happend again. Lost GPS due battery error with same battery.
Got her in in windy conditions on flying skills by hand.
Not gonna use this battery again. DJI is investigating right now my previous error.

This is not accaptable i think. Battery error should not result in loosing GPS. Everything worked (cam, video etc). Seems like a real bug :(
Latch was closed, battery firmly inserted

Retieved the FLY098.dat log an will attach it.

Please advise guys

Attachments

• 20-04-12-05-09-12_FLY098.DAT
    3 MB · Views: 10
Attached the data from the flight today. Backed it up asap. Again scary but i survived.

Thanks for the help

So today it happend again. Lost GPS due battery error with same battery.
Got her in in windy conditions on flying skills by hand.
Not gonna use this battery again. DJI is investigating right now my previous error.

This is not accaptable i think. Battery error should not result in loosing GPS. Everything worked (cam, video etc). Seems like a real bug :(
Latch was closed, battery firmly inserted

Retieved the FLY098.dat log an will attach it.

Please advise guys

There was no loss of GPS recorded in that log, but the log doesn't include the entire flight - it just stops at 438 seconds, possibly due to the same problem. There are some battery errors in the event stream.

Reactions: Ducatinus
Flight was a total of 12 minutes from start to landing.
My video shows that the battery error first occurs after aproximaly 7m:20s

So after that time nothing in the log? My screen recorder of the flight does shows warnings and data.

Thanks for the investigation

My data:

YT video

At 3m3s you also got a "motor stuck" error and several times more within seconds. I have to assume your motor wasn't "stuck" or your bird would have come down. This looks like buggy FW to me.

By the way, I don't have a mini, but I do have a gold AirData subscription so am familiar with how to navigate to your flight messages from the window above.

Reactions: Ducatinus
At 3m3s you also got a "motor stuck" error and several times more within seconds. I have to assume your motor wasn't "stuck" or your bird would have come down. This looks like buggy FW to me.

By the way, I don't have a mini, but I do have a gold AirData subscription so am familiar with how to navigate to your flight messages from the window above.
Thanks. I don’t see this motor stuck message in my airdata. Don’t have the gold edition. It’s hard to trust my mini now. Will not use this battery again until DJI will reported back to me

Well after a while of investigating all my flightlogs DJI offers the following sollution in the email coppied below.
It looks like an automated e-mail, not specified for my error. Srrange beacuse i got all the data from 2 flights for them.
Conclusion:

"Jam in the aircraft system, do a firmware and when its not resolved send in the bird on my own cost."
Not a word about a faulty battery and send it in on my own cost ?(bird is 1,5 months old)
Can not figure out why they just not replace the battery under warrenty, not gonna send my bird back if its just a battery problem. And i had the newest firmware since it came out.

Convidence in customer support and the product DJI is down the drain now. Had planned an upgrade to the Mavic Air 2 but not gonna do that now.
I am buying a new battery and will fly until my mini will crash.
Got DJI care refresh, thank god.
And thanks guys for all the input end help

(DJI Support)

4月22日 CST20:37

Dear Martijn,

I hope you are well.

Today our engineers give the analysis result.

It seems that there is a jam in the aircraft system. Please update the firmware into the latest version. Here below is the tutorial video for your reference. Mavic Mini Tutorials - Firmware Updates

Please carefully check anain if this issue persists. If it still cannot be resolved, please kindly send your drone in for further diagnosis and repair is needed. As you are in Netherlands now but the origin of your Mini is Thailand, you can choose to send it in our repair facility in Netherlands, which will be a paid service, or you can send it back to Hong Kong, the repair will be free if this issue is not caused by you.

I look forward to your reply.
Best regards,
Mason

DJI Technical Support
YouTube: DJI Tutorials

(DJI Support)

Reactions: sar104
Well after a while of investigating all my flightlogs DJI offers the following sollution in the email coppied below.
It looks like an automated e-mail, not specified for my error. Srrange beacuse i got all the data from 2 flights for them.
Conclusion:

"Jam in the aircraft system, do a firmware and when its not resolved send in the bird on my own cost."
Not a word about a faulty battery and send it in on my own cost ?(bird is 1,5 months old)
Can not figure out why they just not replace the battery under warrenty, not gonna send my bird back if its just a battery problem. And i had the newest firmware since it came out.

Convidence in customer support and the product DJI is down the drain now. Had planned an upgrade to the Mavic Air 2 but not gonna do that now.
I am buying a new battery and will fly until my mini will crash.
Got DJI care refresh, thank god.
And thanks guys for all the input end help

(DJI Support)

4月22日 CST20:37

Dear Martijn,

I hope you are well.

Today our engineers give the analysis result.

It seems that there is a jam in the aircraft system. Please update the firmware into the latest version. Here below is the tutorial video for your reference. Mavic Mini Tutorials - Firmware Updates

Please carefully check anain if this issue persists. If it still cannot be resolved, please kindly send your drone in for further diagnosis and repair is needed. As you are in Netherlands now but the origin of your Mini is Thailand, you can choose to send it in our repair facility in Netherlands, which will be a paid service, or you can send it back to Hong Kong, the repair will be free if this issue is not caused by you.

I look forward to your reply.
Best regards,
Mason

DJI Technical Support
YouTube: DJI Tutorials

(DJI Support)

This is great - finally a definitive explanation from DJI for a problem that has been reported with a number of Minis. Now we know the technical cause - jam in the aircraft system. So there we have it - don't feed your aircraft sticky breakfast condiments.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
calezu