DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Aloft and B4UFly both showing a TFR covering all of Southern California for the next month. Was this an error?

Reactions
Walked down to the beach to fly, began my pre-flight, and saw that there was a TFR listed in both Aloft and B4UFly from Feb 5th-Mar 4th (2200 UTC-1900 UTC) that covered all of Southern California along with parts of both Nevada and Arizona. I'm new to all of this, but I was somewhat blown away as that seemed like both an unreasonable area of restriction as well as an unreasonable amount of time. I proceeded with my flight, and then returned home. I'm now checking, and both apps no longer have the TFR listed. Via tfr.faa.gov I see 2 TFRs covering those dates, but they don't appear to encompass the area I had initially screen captured. Curious if anyone has any insights as to whether this is an error, and if so, is this type of error common?

Screenshot_20230202-134621.png

Ignore it. Very common mistake. Read the language that goes with it. That will have the actual boundaries.

This happens on B4UFly and Air Control much more often than it should. 🙄

Ignore it. Very common mistake. Read the language that goes with it. That will have the actual boundaries.

This happens on B4UFly and Air Control much more often than it should. 🙄
Thank you Vic, appreciate the clarification. I was completely crushed I wouldn't be able to fly for a month. Happy that won't be the case.

BTW, recently watched a few of your YouTube discussions. Appreciate what you do for the community.

Thank you Vic, appreciate the clarification. I was completely crushed I wouldn't be able to fly for a month. Happy that won't be the case.

BTW, recently watched a few of your YouTube discussions. Appreciate what you do for the community.
Thanks!

Spacex launches from Vandenburg air force base just west of Bakersfield for polar orbits - generally southeast from the launch pad. It wouldn't be unusual for a no-fly warning to be posted for multiple days since weather can often scrub a launch without much warning.
Is it possible this might be the reason?

Spacex launches from Vandenburg air force base just west of Bakersfield for polar orbits - generally southeast from the launch pad. It wouldn't be unusual for a no-fly warning to be posted for multiple days since weather can often scrub a launch without much warning.
Is it possible this might be the reason?
No. It’s just a messed up graphic. This happens when data is incorrectly entered. It’s been brought up to the FAA before. I guess nothing changed.

Reactions: Greasy
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Glenn-S